“Reno is nice city.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 15 things to do in Sparks
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Wide Open Reno experience pushes the envelope of an adventure based vacation. Much more than a simple racing school or guided low-speed tour, our exclusive open-wheel tour cars provide our guests with the performance and safety of a modern desert racer, but are comfortable enough for anyone to drive. Seasoned guides lead you through the entire journey.
SanFrancisco
“Reno is nice city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I like Reno because it is a quiet city that is fun to walk around in, and the city buses are easy to
ride in and go anywhere. I like their shopping centers and malls. I do not gamble. So I go
walking and shopping. There is a very nice museum with a planetarium.

Visited March 2012

Dripping Springs TX
“Drive a Real Offroad Race Car”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

First off, these are not some wimpy sand buggy that you might rent at the beach. These are fully Baja capable offroad cars. Tons of suspension, strong motors and full roll cages.
My son and I did a one day tour and we had a blast. The cars are plenty fast and the route was challenging and lots of fun. Not to mention the neat scenery.
This is a truly professional organization and the tour leader and support guys are super nice.

If you are looking for a real offroad adventure then this is the place. There is no doubt that my son and I will be back to drive with them again.

Visited April 2012
Aliso Viejo, California
“Another Great Wide Open Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have been on a few different excursions with Wide Open Baja, in Cabo and Ensenada, and this past Oct I went on the Reno tour and had a blast ! They are the same cars and has the same feel as Baja. Our guide James meet us at the hotel then off for a short 20 minute drive to the office. Once there we watched a safety video got fitted for our helmets then hopped into the cars. Once on the property you would have no idea that you just left civilization. We drove from an elevation of 4200 feet to 6000 foot mountain tops, seeing wild mustangs just like the old west.
I come to Reno 3 times a year for business and I am definitely making it a point to come back again. Call the office and ask for my sales guy Kirk and tell him Steve told to call you he will hook you up

Visited October 2011