“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Sparks
Fort Calhoun NE
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very nice hotel but had some problems when I stayed. I got there and the clerk that checked me in said the door at the end of the hallway on the first floor would not open from the outside because the card reader wouldn't work. Then I went to get ice and the ice machine didn't work. The same clerk did get me ice from their kitchen and the machine was fixed the next morning. The overall service was very good with these 2 exceptions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fremont, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I'm planning a trip and just realized I'd never written a review of the Fairfield. It's been a while so this will be a short review: as I recall this was a fairly typical Fairfield Inn as far as the room went, probably even above average, which is to say it was a pretty nice room. The thing I won't forget is that in the morning there was no hot water for a shower. When I checked out everyone in the lobby was talking about the lack of hot water and cold showers, but the folks at the front desk didn't offer any apologies or any kind of compensation. Thus I'm writing this review as a reminder to myself not to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Good spot to avoid casinos and enjoy a night in a very clean and convenient hotel on I-80 on the east side of Sparks. In typical Fairfield Marriott fashion, all neat, clean and tidy. Typical Fairfield rooms, comfortable beds, etc.

This is a bit of an older Fairfield and it's showing it in a few places. Very loud AC/heat, very loud bathroom fan (drowned sound in rest of room). But those were minor inconveniences.

Would book again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed overnight on my way through town.

Came in really late and the night girl was nice enough to open the door for me a few times, but when I asked for an extra blanket, she was unable to find one. Having worked in a hotel, I know that on property somewhere is a closet/room with blankets... so I wasn't impressed.

The reason I needed a blanket is my cohort loves the AC turned up, and unfortunately it also was one of the loudest AC's I've ever had in a hotel.

I'd stay again for the price, but I expected more for some reason. It was awesome to be able to park right up front with our bikes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have come here for years. #1 because of credit card points earned toward marriott gift cards, #2 because there's room enough for our large family in their suite, #3 we really enjoy the breakfast (included), #4 it's close enough to skiing at Donor or Sierra (45 minute drive), #5 they have always treated us well with friendliness and good service, #6 the rooms are spacious and we use the microwave for a cheap dinner. We can keep stuff cold in the cooler. There are two TV's to share. We can dry our wet ski stuff in the dryer. #7 the kids love the indoor pool, it's a treat in the winter time. This hotel will be part of their memories growing up. oh, and we like the cookies in the lobby too :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel looks pretty new from the outside but my room seemed dated. It was clean but the decor had an unusual color scheme that made it seemed 70's ish. My room was on the highway side and there was some noise but it wasn't horrible. I could hear people in the room beside me for a short time which is always annoying. The area seems safe but it would be quite a walk to get to restaurants or shopping. The staff was pleasent. There is an outlet mall about a mile to the west. Just exit the hotel and turn left, go about 1/2 mile and turn left again and you'll see the mall. You don't have to get on the highway. It's a pretty nice outdoor mall. Has the largest sporting good store iveever seen (not an outlet however).

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Flint, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum member, I've stayed at my fair share of Marriotts.

Right on the edge of the valley, this Marriott is OK. The bed I slept in felt old and in need of updating. The room was comfortable, and spacious. There were noticeable scuff marks on the wall from previous guests, and the furniture was outdated.

I'm actually scheduled to return to Reno on business in July and probably will be staying at the residence inn versus the Fairfield.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks? Share your experiences!