“This place is great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Sparks
Kuna
“This place is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Felt more like a Hilton than a Holiday Inn. They made us feel special. Downstairs Lounge was "quaint", the servers were very attentive and available. The decor was very nice. The amenities were all there, gym, etc. Price was good, you get what you pay for and more. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, even the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ft. Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Nice room at a great location. Ate at the restaurant. That was a big mistake.
I understand where I am. (a Holiday Inn rather than a steak house)
Steak was burned, veggies were cold.
Stay there, eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: avoid the restaurant
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear TanmanFtWorth,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this Holiday Inn! First off the front desk staff was excellent! (I didn't get everyone's names, but big thanks to Chuck and Jeremy and the rest of the staff!) Always quick to offer helpful advice and friendly service.

Our room was surprisingly large, and very clean. Fridge and microwave were a nice convenience. Beds and pillows were comfortable and I heard no noise from inside or outside of the hotel. Interaction with housekeeping was minimal, but they were polite and efficient.

The shuttle service from the airport was much appreciated, and for an additional charge they can take you to other destinations (they have a list of places at the front desk). This was great for us, as we did not have a car. All the shuttle drivers were excellent as well.

The hotel was also within walking distance to a Denny's which is great for late nights or early mornings (we did both!). Two women traveling and we felt very safe on the property and the surrounding area.

If I return to the Reno/Sparks area (which I hope I will!) I would be delighted to stay at this property again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed on the top floor (9th) facing the freeway. Good view of the hills and no noise to speak of. The staff was very friendly, the only problem we had was accessing the fitness room which was rectified by the front desk.

Did not use the shuttle (cost $12) since we had a vehicle parked in the front lot which could be seen from our room. The onsite restaurant had limited hours and was very pricey. The Denny's was a short walk and although busy, we were well served. Several casino / restaurants were close but not walking distance.

I must say that this has to be the cleanest motel I've stayed in. The towels appeared to be new and there was plenty hot water for extended showers. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and there was also a micro and fridge. The coffee maker also is a must, since we slept in and could not order coffee from the restaurant (good thing, $2.99 plus room service fee).

I would definitely stay here again if the need arises and would recommend this hotel as opposed to downtown ones.

Room Tip: Freeway side is quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Flight landed at 10:30pm and I called the front desk for a shuttle. The employee said it would take 10 minutes. So 30 minutes later, I called again to make sure I didn't miss the shuttle. The front desk employee says "no they're on their way" and apologizes for the slight delay. 1 hour later I am debating whether or not I should catch a taxi. It was getting late and I had to be up really early in the morning. Finally the shuttle arrives and the man says that it'll be another 20-30 minutes before he can take me to the hotel because he had to wait for a group to arrive. I told him that I've been waiting for a long time and he didn't seem to care. In fact, he called the front desk to let him know I wasn't going to catch the shuttle and then proceeded to complain about how impatient I was being. He was talking about me right in front of me! The shuttle driver was very rude and told me too bad and said I needed to just catch a taxi. I was so frustrated because one of the main reasons why I chose this hotel was for the free shuttle service. I was fine taking a taxi at this point but I wish they told me that an hour ago. I would have appreciated the honesty about the actual time that the shuttle takes to pick up hotel guests. When I finally got to the hotel the man at the front desk had no explanation for the shuttle being an hour late nor did he seem to care that I had been waiting so long. To top it off, the room he put me in was a handicap room where the shower head was extremely low and it wasn't very clean. At that point it was really late and I was too exhausted to go back and switch rooms. Very disappointed with the customer service and room selection/cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Rlkhodges H,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our staff and services. I have taken note of your comments regarding the shuttle service. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will address these with the proper department to improve the quality and service that we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Surprised to see the negative remarks about this hotel?We booked two rooms for 2 night stay in December 2013.We are from Singapore..love the hotel...the rooms are clean and the bed are comfortable...is worth paying ...the toilet is well maintained...definitely will come back again...the reception are nice, friendly and helpful.....we love you America...God Bless America.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice facility located just off the freeway--easy access but close to potential traffic noise. We travel with our Bose Ipod player and had no noise disturbance. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Excellent bed.

However, one of the two elevators was out of service and the one working wouldn't stop at all floors. That included our floor. After getting the express ride from ground floor to the top floor and realizing that the elevator would not stop at our floor or any other floor, we got off at the top and tried to drag our luggage down to our floor. The fire doors are unusually large and very heavy. We were worn out climbing stairs, trying to hold doors open and dragging our luggage through, and then the long walk to the room furthest from the stairs that the clerk had assigned us.

When we called to complain, he explained that he gave us the last available room as they were sold out that evening. He also said he was aware that the elevator wouldn't stop on our floor, yet he hadn't mentioned that to us when he sent us to that elevator. He just left us to figure it out for ourselves.

He also told us that we were given the lowest rate available (AAA) for our room. Somehow, the two parties ahead of us both got a lower rate than the "lowest available." Ever had a clerk that makes things up as he goes along?

We explained our experiences to the morning manager. She apologized and told us they were not sold out that evening and agreed that the clerk was wrong to tell us so. She also said the clerk should have directed us to the service elevator instead of the malfunctioning elevator, especially since he knew it was not stopping at all floors.

In addition to apologizing for his ineptitude, she also made an adjustment to our bill. She promised us she would speak to that night clerk. We are willing to wager that she did.

One bad employee can turn guests against a hotel. One good one can do quite a bit to bring them back. The manager also gave us a key to present at Denny's so we could get a 20% discount on breakfast. We hope if You stay that You are cared for by staff like the manager. She was a real gem!

We were

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the freeway. We didn't have an option according to the night clerk...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks? Share your experiences!