“7-6 to 7-8 it was a good hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Excutive Reno
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 South Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89502   |
Ranked #31 of 65 hotels in Reno
stockton,ca
“7-6 to 7-8 it was a good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I did not pay for this hotel but if it was any price over $50-59 then you will be disappointed.

Good
----------
Near a Walgreens
Has a bqq restaurant, Wendy's , bowling , and a 711 right across the street.
Peppermill and Atlantis right down the road
Big, clean pool
Quiet despite it being near a busy street
Near the freeway
More nicer restaurants down the street, Outback , Olive garden Ect...
Overall great location if you're going to be out and only be here to sleep.

Bad
----------
The A/C was super loud. Like snow cone truck loud.
You can hear other people's showers on
There will be several spiders in your room. We booked 3 rooms and found some in all 3.
You'll either get a fridge in your room or an ironing board. One or the other.
No tv guide, had to find an app on my iPad and guess which provider it was.
Channels weren't clear.
There's 4 pool doors but only one opens, you have to guess which one it is.
Wifi wasn't the best.
It is in a sort of questionable looking area but it is not bad.
Lots of construction going on around this time, a lot of detours.
Not enough towels, and they are small.
Toilets are really low! For the older folks or just anyone in general.
Toilets are old and it feels like its going to overflow with every flush.
Make sure to bring your own shampoo, soap, toothpaste Ect, they don't give you enough.
Some non smoking rooms smell smokey

Sleep
----------
Didn't really sleep good due to the loud A/C and the beds were a little hard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at the vagabond inn In Reno NV and let me just share my experience with you. If you’re looking to have a quick fun get away or just a simple business trip I recommend you stay at the vagabond inn. What differentiates this hotel from any other major hotels I have stayed at is there amazing customer service. At the vagabond Inn they really go the extra mile to make you feel right at home. There customer service is unique, meaning you get happy people at all time. There staff is very friendly and very humble, they really made me feel like they wanted my business and the best part is the treated me as a valued customer. Not to mention that there room are exceptionally clean and very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I came to Reno for the AKC dog agility nationals and booked this motel because it looked like there was lots of room to walk the dogs. Not only was there a huge dog walking area, the staff were warm and friendly and the place was clean and very nice! When our car broke down they let us stay here in the same room a few extra nights and even waived the dog fee. If this event were held in Reno again, we will stay here in a second! Do not listen to the bad reviews. And no, we are not connect to the place. We are from the NYC area and very picky!

Room Tip: We stayed in the front across from the pool area. In some rooms you can park your car right outside...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We recently took a road trip that included a stop in Reno. We had not made any reservations and wanted to stay in a smaller motel rather than the large casinos. The Vagabond looked nice enough from the outside and was conveniently located.
The price seemed acceptable, (although it was more than we had paid in our travels), until we entered the room, which had an offensive smell. The room appeared clean enough until we took off our socks and found them extremely dirty from the carpet. When I stepped into the shower, a dirty puddle formed around my feet from the short barefoot walk into the bathroom. This is no exaggeration!
When we checked out, we advised them of their dirty carpet. They said the carpets had just been cleaned! I would hate to see what the carpets looked like before.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

After booking with a large travel website, I arrived at the Vagabond Inn, Reno with my confirmation email and reservation number. The front desk staff refused to honor my reservation, siting the price was way below their current rate. After I contacted the travel site (who even contacted their corporate office), the hotel staff agreed to honor the reservation, but only verbally. The check in form I was asked to sign, conveniently, had the rate left blanked. When i questioned this, the manager once again pointed out their current rate was much higher, and they would not honor my reservation and told me if I didn't like it, I could go some where else. I ended up having to sleep in my rental car because to try and get a walk-in rate at any hotel on labor day would have cost me 3 times what my reservation was for.

Room Tip: Don' stay here, very shady staff.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My daughter and I were in town for an event at the convention center, which was an easy walk of six blocks or so. The room was clean, and the staff met every request (microwave, extra towels, etc.) promptly and courteously. The free breakfast is very adequate, the pool is lovely, and overall this was a great value at $50 a night. Since I don't actually want the front door opened for me, I far prefer a place like this over a 4-star hotel that charges for absolutely everything, including Internet service. If that describes you, try the Vagabond.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is an older resort reminiscent of Reno's heyday. Great location right between the
Peppermill and the Atlantis, right down the street from the convention center. I particularly
liked the trees and open spaces. Apparently the mgmt has recently remodeled and the
place looks good. Wifi system, which is new, also very nice. This place actually has
atmosphere, look forward to coming back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Vagabond Inn Excutive Reno? Share your experiences!