“wanted my business” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Reno
las vegas
“wanted my business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at the vagabond inn In Reno NV and let me just share my experience with you. If you’re looking to have a quick fun get away or just a simple business trip I recommend you stay at the vagabond inn. What differentiates this hotel from any other major hotels I have stayed at is there amazing customer service. At the vagabond Inn they really go the extra mile to make you feel right at home. There customer service is unique, meaning you get happy people at all time. There staff is very friendly and very humble, they really made me feel like they wanted my business and the best part is the treated me as a valued customer. Not to mention that there room are exceptionally clean and very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I came to Reno for the AKC dog agility nationals and booked this motel because it looked like there was lots of room to walk the dogs. Not only was there a huge dog walking area, the staff were warm and friendly and the place was clean and very nice! When our car broke down they let us stay here in the same room a few extra nights and even waived the dog fee. If this event were held in Reno again, we will stay here in a second! Do not listen to the bad reviews. And no, we are not connect to the place. We are from the NYC area and very picky!

Room Tip: We stayed in the front across from the pool area. In some rooms you can park your car right outside...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We recently took a road trip that included a stop in Reno. We had not made any reservations and wanted to stay in a smaller motel rather than the large casinos. The Vagabond looked nice enough from the outside and was conveniently located.
The price seemed acceptable, (although it was more than we had paid in our travels), until we entered the room, which had an offensive smell. The room appeared clean enough until we took off our socks and found them extremely dirty from the carpet. When I stepped into the shower, a dirty puddle formed around my feet from the short barefoot walk into the bathroom. This is no exaggeration!
When we checked out, we advised them of their dirty carpet. They said the carpets had just been cleaned! I would hate to see what the carpets looked like before.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

After booking with a large travel website, I arrived at the Vagabond Inn, Reno with my confirmation email and reservation number. The front desk staff refused to honor my reservation, siting the price was way below their current rate. After I contacted the travel site (who even contacted their corporate office), the hotel staff agreed to honor the reservation, but only verbally. The check in form I was asked to sign, conveniently, had the rate left blanked. When i questioned this, the manager once again pointed out their current rate was much higher, and they would not honor my reservation and told me if I didn't like it, I could go some where else. I ended up having to sleep in my rental car because to try and get a walk-in rate at any hotel on labor day would have cost me 3 times what my reservation was for.

Room Tip: Don' stay here, very shady staff.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My daughter and I were in town for an event at the convention center, which was an easy walk of six blocks or so. The room was clean, and the staff met every request (microwave, extra towels, etc.) promptly and courteously. The free breakfast is very adequate, the pool is lovely, and overall this was a great value at $50 a night. Since I don't actually want the front door opened for me, I far prefer a place like this over a 4-star hotel that charges for absolutely everything, including Internet service. If that describes you, try the Vagabond.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is an older resort reminiscent of Reno's heyday. Great location right between the
Peppermill and the Atlantis, right down the street from the convention center. I particularly
liked the trees and open spaces. Apparently the mgmt has recently remodeled and the
place looks good. Wifi system, which is new, also very nice. This place actually has
atmosphere, look forward to coming back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

The room was clean. The ac machine is ancient. Two buttons were broken = ghetto. We had a room that had a little extra room with two bunk beds. I was not aware we would be getting a little creepy room when I had booked. The bunk beds were twin size beds that had a separate door which I found a little creepy and scary. It looked like a room that you kept kids in! CREEPY. Anyways, the towels are hard and smelly. The sheets look ancient and old. The television was super small. The furniture looked like they bought them from a thrift store. The rooms need an upgrade. For the money I paid for this place, I expected more. I will not and do not recommend staying at the Vagabond in Reno. Next time, I will pay twenty dollars more and stay at a much nicer place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business