“NICE LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
chicago
“NICE LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hello everyone, nice to be back home. Just spent the last 2-days in Reno, stayed at the HARRAH'S, This is a nice hotel,located in the heart of everything. The room was a big room, with a king-size bed(that was real nice & comfy), had a small frige, iron, and a great view of the mountains, & base-ball field(loved that view).Check-in was breeze, the staff was nice and friendly. The only draw back was, my room was located near the elevators, and was constantly being awaken(by those elevators). All in all had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was our second time staying at Harrah's in Reno. Both times we were placed in the West Tower. The rooms in this tower were supposedly renovated over the past two years however, we found our previous stay was different then this time. Not that the room was bad but it wasn't as dressed as the previous room. So, when checking in I would recommend asking about the status of the room.
Views over Reno from the upper floors can be stunning from the West Tower however again I recommend asking about the direction you will be facing. During this most recent visit we overlooked a lot of industrial roofs while before we had a gorgeous view of the Archway and the Sierra Nevada mountains. As a resort another thing I found disappointing was the fact they have removed the Poker Room. There isn't really a lot of activities available here for being a "Resort" Casino. For inside restaurants, we at at the buffet a few times including their general menu as well as their seafood buffet. Both menus are quite unremarkable and certainly not anything special. We also ate at the breakfast restaurant (sorry, I can't recall the name) on the second floor. We were shocked at their high prices. We probably won't return to Harrah's in Reno although we are interested in the partner properties from around the country.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and the room was very comfortable and clean. As with most casinos, you have to travel through the casino to get to the elevators to the rooms. I got a great rate(about 30/night), it costs $10.99 for internet per day however. These rooms are much better than the LV Harrah's. It's located right on the main strip close to the river and many nice restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nicer than the rooms in LV this harrahs is bright and cheerful
Room large and lean with flat screen tv
Great base to explore lake taho and the casinos at night
Within walking distance of all hotels on the street
Nice airy casino with several eateries high security presence made you feel safe
Great vallet service quick and polite nothing was too much trouble for them
Has the legendary HHAGG here too

Room Tip: A room facing the Reno sign was good if u enjoy that sort of thing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotts Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best part of the Harrah's Reno experience is its proximity to a number of other casino and attractions plus a good Basque restaurant adjacent. The rooms are clean, though could use some updating. You can get some good deals on room rates with some research or it can be a bit pricey for what you get. I''ve stayed several times in the past couple of years. Compared to its competition across the street it's a bit long in the tooth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Eagan, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I made a reservation for an end of season ski trip that included flight, car and hotel. I knew I was getting the East Tower which is not as well regarded as the West Tower. I got to my room which was small and somewhat dated, but with a terrific view of Mt. Rose. The biggest shortcoming was the lighting which at one overhead fixture, a floor lamp, and one in between the beds lamp was simply not up to par. In addition the channel lineup on the TV wouldn't do justice to a Motel 6. I know management doesn't want you wasting good gambling time in your room, but I've never seen such a sparse cable based channel lineup. It didn't even have PBS (yeah, I'm one of those who watches PBS).

The real problems began when the toilet failed to flush. I told maintenance and they worked on it. The problem returned the second day with the same attempt to fix and the same result. On my third mention of the problem happening again, management cheerfully offered to move me and comp me for dinner. I agreed and moved.

As soon as I got into the new room, my ac/heating unit began to emit a banging noise. Maintenance came and changed the air filter. Within five minutes, the banging returned. I tried changing the fan speed and the problem was substantially fixed. Other than these nagging issues, the stay was O.K.

BTW, the comped dinner included one the of the best fruit crepes, I've ever eaten. I'll need to work out for about three extra hours to shed the calories.

The other piece of good news is that the rooms did not suffer from outside noise issues.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at Harrah's twice both times I got a room with no reservation at a good price I have stayed in both towers and they are both very nice the one with the elevator which goes to the
starbucks should be preferred for it is closer to the buffet and hash house a go go the people at the desk were very nice and they have a very good gaming area with a large selection of games
the price varies depending on your players club membership though i am sure i am in the lowest one and they gave me a great deal.the location is very good only a block from the Truckee river in the heart of downtown Reno their buffet is great and I want to go back and try some of their new games.Worth Checking it out

Room Tip: I liked the west tower better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Harrah's Reno? Share your experiences!