“Hotel Stay was OK!!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Hotel Stay was OK!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Needed to be in Reno for a family event. Stay only one night in the West Tower. The hotel is one of the oldest in Reno and some things do look dated, however the room was clean and met my expectations for the price. I am going to stay there again, so I would recommend it if you are going to Reno for Reno and not a luxery room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Bathrooms in the hotel room were very clean service was good restaurants in the hotel were very expensive I rather recommend going out of the hotel to eat instead of eating the restaurant...the location is okay...it is a little bit far away from circus circus reno but if you like going for a little walk and love found window shopping then its not that much of a big deal

• Stayed February 2012
Creston, B.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a disappointment, I remember this hotel in the 80's. I stunk of smoke, my non-smoking room smelled like smoke, you could smell smoke coming in from the air conditioning. I went down to the casino and wash actually doing well on the black jack table, but after 20 minutes I had to leave because of the smoke smell. The hotel wants $10/day for wireless internet, ripe off, but if you go to STARBUCKS the internet is free.

Casino staff were friendly. I checked out several other casino's on the strip, some not as bad smoke wise. The quality of Harrah's has gone down hill big time. If you are a non-smoker I would strongly suggest you check out other hotels first. Usually I am not bothered by smoke but this was just gross.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel if you are a non smoker
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank DonCreston

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great Location: Harrah's Reno is very central in Downtown Reno. The famous Reno sign is right outside the hotel doors. There is also a movie theater within walking distance.

Great Rooms: The rooms are very nice and the beds are pretty comfy. Our room looked out over the Nevada mountain range. The bathtub is big and the water pressure is great.

Great Deals: Harrah's Reno is always running Groupon specials and Total Rewards also has great prices. We paid $40 for a night with a $25 dining credit, making the stay almost free! You can't beat that!

Average Casino: They are a little limited on their penny slots (which is my specialty... or my downfall...). They had several table games with minimum bets of $5-$10. It was hard to get a drink girl, which was a bummer. However, they were there and there are free drinks if you are playing in the casino (normal for Reno).

Average Hotel: The hotel is a little run down, and could use a new face lift. Nothing to complain about really. This is the only hotel I have stayed in Reno, so it is impossible to compare. All of the surrounding hotels seemed to have the same wear and tear.

Overall: Great place to stay if you are in Reno, especially if you can snag a Groupon or great deal!

Tip: Know what you are looking for when trying to find a hotel. Be aware of your needs. Just because a hotel did not meet my needs does not mean it won't meet yours and vice versa.

Room Tip: Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. The views are better and who knows, they might upgrade you fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zeke h
Reno, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

While staying at Harrahs Reno, my girl and I decided to go out and gamble a bit but she had forgotten her makeup bag in my truck. I decided to go get it for her and found a Starbucks at the base of the elevators. I decided to look around at their wares and call my girl to see if she wanted anything. She asked me to wait until we were together and we could maybe get a shot of espresso together so I left to go get her makeup. Once I returned and she was ready to go we went down to the Starbucks and ordered our coffee and two security guards came and said that they were supposed to talk to us. They didn't know why but their supervisor arrived and said that "someone said we picked up something and dropped it." Then he flat accused us of taking something. I told him that I was not a thief and let him know that I was an authority in a local business myself and could afford whatever I might want at this establishment. He then asked me aside after the two of us told him that we did not appreciate the accusation ( we started to take it lightly at first until the three of them started to interrogate us). Again he flat out accused us of theft although neither of us had taken a thing. I told him that it was not acceptable what he was doing and we left the shop only to have him and one of his officers follow us in the casino while we were gambling. We decided to go play elsewhere. Silver Legacy was much more accommodating. Harrah's, I seriously hope you read this review. We spent good amounts of money in a different casino that we would have spent at your establishment. We are hard working honest people and your over zealous, underachiever of a security guard crew made our stay with you miserable. I will be posting this on every review site possible so people out there know how valuable your guests are to you. I don't know what made your crew do what they did, but I really don't care. You ruined our stay. I would have overlooked the 1970 style room or the fact that it smelled as if you had a recent fire. I will not overlook the way you made us feel. This review is from 11/18/2012

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Sierrareviews
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Harrahs hotel and casino is the original property in the Harrahs chain. It has been added on to in bits and pieces - sort of like lean-tos in the olden days. The staff is proud of its history and it was interesting to know that I was at the beginning. That said, you should not expect a Las Vegas-type venue. It is small, midweek, it was quiet, the Noodle Bar closed at 8 p.m.
On the positive side, the staff is very attentive. I received a welcoming phone call the day before I arrived; my "account executive" found and greeted me while I was there and he called me at home a few days later. Another staffer personally invited me to come and participate in some free spins for prizes. I had a really nice big room and it was immaculate I was passing through enroute to Squaw Valley and I was only there for 24 hours but I had a good time and I would stop again..

Room Tip: My room was a corner suite and a bit of a distance from the elevator. I did not have any noise issu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolyn J
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights. The rooms were a little dated, as were the rest of the hotel corridors. We paid $10/day extra to stay in the West Building, but it didn't seem to be worth the extra cost. My girlfriend enjoyed their massage service. The buffet is average (nothing compared to Vegas!). Overall, it was a fun stay

• Stayed August 2012