“Not a bad room for the location and casinos” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   219 N Center St, Reno, NV 89501   |
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Not a bad room for the location and casinos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Passing through on our way with my fiance to Portland and stopped in Reno for the night. The room was okay for what the price was. It was comfortable and the shower and bathroom also was decent. It wasn't the best hotel but the proximity to all of Reno's nightlife and gaming made it worth it. Room Service was perfect the next morning after drinking and gambling all night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Hotel itself was nice, friendly staff, comfortable room. However, Reno itself is not a place I would visit again unless passing through on the way to somewhere else(which we were).The streets around are dark and dreary, didn't really feel safe walking more than to the casino next door.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first trip to Reno. I was there for 3 nights starting 10/21/2012. I looked at the reviews for hotels in Reno and decided to stay at Harrah's Reno. Harrah's got a middle of the road review, not very good and not very bad. I was very pleased with my room. It was on the 23rd floor and clean and quiet. One bad thing was the TV. The channels were limited and like all Ceasar's properties they cater to the Asians. with a lot of asians channels. Check in was fast and friendly. Casino was small and slots were tight. Shuttle service was great. Reno itself is on the down in downtown. I did not feel like I wanted to walk around at night.

Room Tip: Ask for the west tower, because the casino is better there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bonita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Reno is a depressed area at least in the area around Harrahs. The room was ok, as long as you just wanted a room to sleep. The noise in the hallways is loud as others walk by and are talking. If you are a light sleeper this is not the hotel for you. The staff is the friendliest I think I have run across. All of the staff smiles and says hi to you as you encounter them throught the hotel. We went here for business, so we did not spend much time in the room. There is a free local bus out side the casino and it takes you to the college and a little further downtown. It was fun to take the 15 minute round trip ride as we saw a little bit of the area. The food in the buffet was good and overall the hotel was good. Good is all I can rate it. I would not stay here again unless my other options turned out to be not avalible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lodi, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been going to Harrah's Reno for over 30 years plus. I have a Diamond player card which I had for years. Usually play in there million dollar maker slot tournament every year time, except this year, I was told even though I am a Diamond card player my average daily play for the current year was not high enough. You earn your card level from current or previous year play, so what good is it to earn a diamond card and then be told you still do not qualify for a tournament. (And by the way what difference does it make how many play in a tournament, really). So I asked the supervisor to call me and see if we could work something out, he never called, I called him and he said it was corporate policy regarding comps to tournament. I said to him do you want to loose a 30 plus year loyal customer, he could care less. So I have done what several diamond players have done and went to Atlantis Casino. Where they comp very well and treat you like a customer. Very,very disappointed with Harrah's and will never go back.

Room Tip: Go to Atlantis
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Clearwater, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

After staying at Harrah's Lake Tahoe then staying at Harrah's Reno it was quite a difference in atmosphere. We didn't feel as safe in the casino or walking to our rooms in the west tower. The room itself was small but cool and funky with the big furry lamp and a flat screen tv but the bed and pillows were uncomfortable. The bathroom was a little small especially after having had 2 bathrooms in Tahoe. At least it was quiet and we did not hear people in the hall. We got the night comped and we didn't stay long as we had a very early flight so we were only there for about 10 hours total. The front desk staff very nice and helpful. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. We ate at the buffet they had a coupon buy one get one free. It wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst. The server was very attentive and friendly. I would much rather stay in Tahoe, it's a whole different vibe.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our first impression was disappointment that we could not have the rooms that we had booked MONTHS before arrival. We had requested a smoking rooms but was told upon arrival that they had all been sold and that even with pre-booking one cannot be guarranteed. Which raises the question, unless you are going at a busy time, why bother booking if people can walk in on the day and have priority for the rooms. Anyway on our second day there we were moved to the rooms that we had actually booked. The rooms were very nice. Quite spacious, clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV's. Nice view of the Reno sign. This was a very convenient place to visit Lake Tahoe from. We enjoyed eating in the buffet. The slots were tighter than in Vegas but we had a fun time. The car park is very wasy to access following the directions on the hotel website. All in all not a bad stay and we would stay here again,but next time unless it is a Saturday or holiday, I don't think I will pre-book and then this will at least leave me the option of going elsewhere if they don't have the room I want.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Reno? Share your experiences!