“Disappointing invitation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Boomtown Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Garson Road, I-80 Exit 4 (Boomtown), Reno, NV 89439   |
Ranked #19 of 65 hotels in Reno
Brentwood
“Disappointing invitation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We received an invitation via email to attend upcoming events to celebrate Boomtown's 50th anniversary. When I tried to RSVP I was told Boomtown had no record of my wife and I although we have been coming there since 1972.
Turns out Boomtown updated its files in November 2013 and purged us. We came anyway and got new card numbers. After each of us spent $500+ we were told we didn't qualify to attend the March 8 event anyway, but would receive another invitation in a few weeks to attend another series of events. Thank you Boomtown for the comp rooms for two nights. We still had a lot of fun.

1,353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Needed a place to stay near Northstar ski area, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. What a deal we got at Boomtown! Very comfortable beds, clean and convenient. And the price was unbeatable. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Soda Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I haven't stayed there in over a year because of the shutdown of the indoor pool&hottub. However I decided i liked the rooms and casino so much, that I would stay here for a couple nights. After walking in my room, I almost puked due to the intense smell in the hallway&room. After spraying cologne I was able to deal with it. Then later when I laid down, I noticed about 6-8holes in my sheet. Then pulled covers back and found strings of long black hair. I couldn't sleep. Needless to say, I left. I felt like I was in a motel in downtown reno.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Spring Creek, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Had trouble with the pay per view, but your maintenance man was EXCEPTIONALLY NICE AND KNOWLEGEABLE. The only restraurant open
was the Bistro, very good food and service, good atmosphere. I will return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

South San Franc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were happy at our stay in Boomtown. Every employee were friendly, courteous and helpful. My nephew enjoyed the fun center. Food at the Buffet was very good especially the lobster. We enjoyed our stay and we will definitely come back. Thank you Boomtown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Oroville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

we really enjoyed our stay at boomtown, room was very good, beds were comfortable, the only bad thing with the room there had been a leak above the bed and it wasn't fixed very well. we really enjoyed the guitar bar listening to the gentleman playing and singing. All staff at the casino were all friendly and helpful. We were a bit disappointed with the lobster buffet, the lobster was a bit tough and chewy it sat out too long in the water, but the rest was good. The Staff at the casino were all very helpful and nice. we will come back. Thank you for a relaxing time.

Placerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

2 hour drive from placerville, cheap rooms, great food, nice just to get away from the KIDS. Cheap date with wife. Even won a little money. New beer bar is nice and free music was good. checking in was fast and service was fun. Thanks Boomtown Daniel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Boomtown Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boomtown Hotel & Casino

Address: 2100 Garson Road, I-80 Exit 4 (Boomtown), Reno, NV 89439
Location: United States > Nevada > Reno
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#3 Best Value Hotel in Reno
#8 Casino Hotel in Reno
#16 Romantic Hotel in Reno
#17 Business Hotel in Reno
Hotel Class:3 star — Boomtown Hotel & Casino 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Boomtown Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Boomtown Hotel And Casino
Boomtown Nevada
Boomtown Nv
Boomtown Hotel Reno
Boomtown Hotel Casino

If you own or manage Boomtown Hotel & Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.