“4th July stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel & Casino

You added Boomtown Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Garson Road, I-80 Exit 4 (Boomtown), Reno, NV 89439   |
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Reno
San Antonio, Texas
“4th July stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently just stayed at the Boomtown casino/hotel. As we got to the casino, the appearance of the hotel was magnificent. the entire grounds were clean for such a large casino/hotel. Upon check in to the hotel, the staff was very professional and friendly, making sure to get us to our room quickly. We stayed in the north tower, it was a large , spacious room, very clean.
The casino staff that I came into contact with were the most friendly. All made our stay most enjoyable. We ate at the Bistro for breakfast, the bone in ham and eggs were the best and at a good price. Ate there each morning of our stay. The bistro also had an outstanding wine list that any wine lover would die for. A visit to the gift shop amazed me . The attendant was so friendly, (forgot her name) , and helpful. Looking around the shop, the prices could not be beat, one would expect that the prices would be high, no not there. All items were priced fair, and that is where we bought all of our souveniers for the trip. I would advise anyone in the area, to stop by the boomtown casino, if only to shop or eat. We played the slots and tables there and did not get robbed. The machines gave ultimate play and pay, and the table games there were great. We came home in the positive, after a 3 day stay. I wanted to eat at the buffet, although it must be the best in town. The line was non-stop all day from open until close and I did not see a unhappy guest. I wish I would have waited and tried the buffet, although I went to the bistro instead. When in Reno , this will be my first and ONLY choice of casino/hotels.

Room Tip: I only stayed in the North tower, although it was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leslie B, Manager at Boomtown Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Joe
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and casino. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our casino. We take great pride in providing great guest services and we are working hard to make a new and improved Boomtown. Please come visit us again. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed at Boomtown and really enjoyed my stay. The staff is friendly and helpful and the room was really nice. They are doing renovations and the place is starting to look great and the restaurants are good as well. The room was nice, large bathrooms and the beds were really comfortable. I will be going back and bring my friends and family with me. If you have kids, its great too because they have a fun center for them to hang out in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brooke
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. All comments are appreciated and help us better our guest services. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The new owners Put the old owners under that table!!! The Mexican restaurant was fantastic! The burritos where HUGE!!! The rooms extremely comfortable. With exceptional services all around! I would go back anytime! Affordable and great everything!

• Stayed July 2013
Leslie B, Manager at Boomtown Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We love hearing from all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to give your comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

While staying here with my family for a relatives birthday, my cousin and I were in a north tower two queen room when at 2am our heater turned on by itself and smoked up our room and our smoke dectector went off. Our room smelt horrible and we were scared to stay in that room so we called from desk and told them what happened. They were very accommodating and switched us two the suit a few doors down. It was beautiful. Unfortunately we are leaving tomorrow. I was very impressed with the quick switch and look out for our well being even at 2am.

Maemaemo
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate all comments on how we can better improve our guests stay. I was sorry to hear you had an issue with your room but glad that we were able to take care of your issues. If you have any suggestions on how we may better your stay or improve our guest services please feel free to give us a call to discuss it more. We hope you visit Boomtown again. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We dont gamble but we needed a room, we saw the lights advertising $19.99 rooms so we checked it out. Those were all gone so we upgraded to a king bed for $29.99. So worth it! Clean, quiet, perfect. We're going back.

• Stayed July 2013
Leslie B, Manager at Boomtown Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments that you left on Trip Advisor. It is guests like you that make us love what we do each day! We would like to buy you and your party breakfast on your next return stay. Please bring this comment with you and present it to the desk when checking in. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not a hotel we would have booked or even looked at and after staying there I was right to think so. Mustang car show was at this hotel ,so we had to book it ( what a mistake). Rooms are dirty,
everything is dated. Service at the coffee bar was slow to say the least , 7am on Saturday and only one person making coffee with 25 people in line??? Dinner in the restaurant , food was good , but over heard one waiter mad at the amount of people in line wanting dinner. Wow
I guess the hotel had enough business that they didn't need anymore

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leslie B, Manager at Boomtown Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would appreciate discussing your latest stay with us, and how we can make improvements to correct the issues you had while at our property. Please call me at your convenience.
775 345 8675
Jacksonville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wow! I'm impressed with the beautiful remodel and the EXTREMELY helpful staff! I stayed at Boomtown with my kids, we had a 2 bedroom suite with bar...it was fabulous! Plus my kids felt like they were at Disneyland with the very COOL Fun Center for kids...video games, rides, bounce house, mini golf, small bowling lanes, a 100 year old carousel and much more! If your kids are old enough, they can hang out in the Fun Center while you gamble...you should check out the new slot area by the front desk and the cool guitar bar! Not only that...the restaurant experience was fantastic. We loved the Bistro and Baja Mexican. It's truly a fun family experience!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the North Tower and the suite upgrade is reasonable and well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to let everyone know of the great time you had at Boomtown. We are in the process of making improvements and additions every day! Please bring this review on your next stay and we will provide your kids with arm bands at the Fun Center! We look forward to seeing you again!!
Hotel Manager

Been to Boomtown Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!