“Bad stay at Boomtown Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel & Casino

You added Boomtown Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Garson Road, I-80 Exit 4 (Boomtown), Reno, NV 89439   |
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Reno
las vegas,nevada
“Bad stay at Boomtown Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

This is a 1 or 2 star hotel. The room was dark and very dated. The bed was horrible. I would never stay here again!!

• Liked — Location to restaurants
  • Disliked — The bed.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Citrus Heights, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

We just returned from a 2-night stay at Boomtown. We booked a 2 Queen bedded, non-smoking room and that's what we received. No complaints there. Check in was fast (less than 5 minutes total).

The only complaint we have about this hotel is both pools were FILTHY. The indoor pool was closed the second day, supposedly for cleaning, but when we walked through the pool area that evening, it was still dirty. The outdoor pool is located at the RV park (you can walk, drive, or take the free Boomtown shuttle down the hill). That pool was filthy as well. There were families with babies in the pool without diapers or little swimmers (swim diapers). Only one spa was open and it was just as dirty. I don't understand how the management can let them get so dirty, and due to the diaperless babies, we ended up not swimming.

The coffee shop and the steak house are both very good places to eat. We had dinners at both and were very happy with our meals.

We'd go back to Boomtown, but I don't think we'll plan on swimming even if the pools look clean. Too many families with diaperless babies use them. Isn't that against health regulations?

• Liked — Casino
  • Disliked — The pools.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Coast, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

We stayed here while attending a sporting event in Reno. Check-in was slow--there were two people at the desk and they were BOTH helping the person ahead of us. Granted, there was a problem with their check-in, but we had to spend an extra 5 or so minutes waiting while both desk people were waiting/looking for a manager. What, one couldn't help us while the other waited?

We got our keys and began the trek to the room. The second we got near the carpeted casino area we were overwhelmed by the stale smoke. I've been in a lot of casinos, but never have I been in one with such an overpowering smoke smell. We had a long trek to our elevators and I dreaded having to walk through the casino everytime--it was like running the gauntlet.

We were in the Convention tower. Rooms were clean and comfortable, with a mini-fridge. We had four adults in a double-double room and we didn't feel like sardines.

During our stay, several teenagers lost their room keys. I went down with them to the front desk, thinking they'd need an adult with ID to get new keys. My apology for the lost keys was met with an eye roll. Then, incredibly, they issued new room keys without checking my-- or anyones-- ID. I was flabbergasted at this lax security!

We ate at the buffet, which was $25.95 for mediocre to bad food. This is a buffet I'd stay away from.

I'd think twice about staying here again because of the smoke. The rooms were fine, but the casino portion was pretty much unbearable.

• Liked — Rooms were clean
  • Disliked — Pervasive smoke smell, lax security
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

I have visited the hotel several times and have always been satisfied with the accomodations. The staff is not overly friendly, but I haven't had any problems with anyone personally. The rooms are average, but adequate. Beds are somewhat hard and uncomfortable. If you're expecting a room and casino like Mandalay Bay in Vegas, you will be seriously disappointed. On the other hand, if you're looking for a decent room for a decent price then Boomtown is for you.

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

We made reservations for two adults and two children (aged 11 and 12) on the internet for Friday and Saturday nights. When we arived, we were told that we had reserved a smoking rooom. In fact, no choice was given on the web site. We were told that we had to request "non smoking" in the comments section of the web site. We were then told we could have a non-smoking room with a single king size bed. We were told that we could have a double size roll away bed and that all of their roll away beds were double or queen. We said OK. Then we were told that the king room was only available for Sat night. So, then we had a choice of moving rooms or staying in the smoking room. Since I am greatly bothered by cigarette smoke, we chose to move. We asked if the hotel would move our luggage for us, and we were told that they could not do this; we should just come back after skiing on Saturday and move our luggage then. When we walked into the smoking room, we could not smell the smoke and asked if we could just stay in that room. We were told,"No, that room was already reserved for Sat. Night. before you arrived. You must change rooms." When we got back from skiing the next day, we proceeded to change rooms. We were then told that all the roll away beds were single beds. And we could only have one roll away bed. At the same time we found out that we were locked out of our room and could not get our luggage. The hotel had, unbeknownst to us, taken our luggage out while we were skiing. Finally, after much ado, we were given a nonsmoking room with two queen beds for Sat. Night. When we checked out, we were given a bill for $70 more than the room we had reserved. However, again after much discussion, we were utlimately given the room we booked at the price we booked ($80). Overall, the staff acted like we were the problem and that everything that happened to us was our fault. I would never, ever go anywhere near this property again.

• Stayed February 2006
Bay Area, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2006

Some friends and I needed a place to stay after finding out the B&B we made reservataions for was a dump. The staff was very friendly & prompt. The room was clean, except for a hot Cheeto I found on the floor under the a/c unit. The bathroom was very clean. We had a great view of the mountains from our room. I heard no noise from the neighbors. The only problem we had was the parking lot was pretty far from the room, but other than that, it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2005

20 years ago Booomtown was great. NOT ANY MORE. Overpriced,small
bad rooms, and the worst place to eat that me and my wife have ever
ate in. If you are dead drunk, I'm sure that anything warm in your
TUMMY would be OK. The rooms, you can't hardly turn around in them.
Any body that thinks this is a great place to say is nuts. The map that they
give you for the room, a scientist couldn't figure out.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Been to Boomtown Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!