“The Doobie Brothers Concert/Thanks!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
It's POOOOLLLL TIME!
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Santaquin, UT
“The Doobie Brothers Concert/Thanks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2006

I wasn't a guest of the Silver Legacy the weekend of Street Vibrations, however many of our friends were, and we joined them for the Doobie Brothers concert.
My friend Lori, and I attended the show and had drinks after the concert at the bar with friends. I have stayed at the Silver Legacy before and know what a beautiful place it is. It was your treatment of a NON-GUEST this time around, that will cause my return next year for Street Vibrations.
My Stunt Woman friend, had her Siatica go out on her while we had a night cap with our friends in their room. YOUR wonderful staff, supplied not only a wheelchair, but your GORGEOUS limo to drive us back to the Grand Sierra Resort. Your driver didn't boot us out at the curb, but rather waited patiently for security at the GSR to gather up Lori and myself. I had just had major neck surgery and was pretty useless to help Lori, but your driver was so kind and curteous to both Lori and myself.
VERY IMPRESSIONABLE staff, Silver Legacy.
We WILL be back for Street Vibrations and we WILL be staying at the Silver Legacy!
Thank You so much for your generosity.
Holly J Perry
Santaquin, UT

Stayed August 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Canoga Park, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

I have to comment on Silver Legacy, even though I have never stayed there. We had something nice happen to us while at the hotel.

The weekend of Sept. 21st. was an event called Street Vibrations. A very crowded Reno full of thousands and thousands of bikers and their beautiful bikes. Silver Legacy was one of the main hotels involved in the weekend. The reason for us coming to Reno that weekend was to see the Doobie Brothers play for a couple of nights at the Silver Legacy. Anyway, I ended up in pain with a bad sciatica in my leg. We were up at a friend of mine's room after the concert and the pain was so bad I couldn't walk out of the hotel to get a cab to go back to the Hilton (now the Grand Sierra Resort) which is about 10 + min. away. My friend called for a wheel chair at the Silver Legacy. They were there within 5 min. and were also generous enough to offer to take myself and my friend back to our hotel in the Silver Legacy hotel Limo. They didn't have to do that but, they did.

I also want to comment that once we got back to the Grand Sierra Resort, my friend called for a wheel chair and within 5 min. (which with the pain I was in it seemed an eternity), security was there with a chair and wheeled me up to our room.

Thank you Silver Legacy and Grand Sierra Resort.

Stayed September 2006
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed at the Silver Legacy Sept 14th - 17th. It lives up to most reviews. Mediocre at best, and unfortunatley it is the best for "Downtown Reno". The beds were hard as a board in my King Non-Smoking room overlooking the abundant "No Tell Motels" and travel lodges. The bathroom came straight out of a Days Inn from the 80's including fresh Pubes on the floor from other guests and towels you wouldn't want to use on your car. The Lobby is nice. The restaurants are bad with food brought in from the Sizzler and service to match. But, we found that this is the case with all of Reno. Poor service, rude customer service, and sketchy locals. Speaking of the locals, they prey on the tourists, we witnessed security escort a group out of the casino on our first night and watched a fight break out at the Brew Pub the second night. Go stay in Tahoe or Vegas instead

• Liked — Proximity to other Casinos
  • Disliked — Unkept bathroom, Hard Bed, poor linens, Sketchy locals
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to Vegas instead
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice, both times in november in 2004 and 2005. The first time we went we had a fantastic time except that they had to change our suite 3 times (1st non smoking and we both smoked back then, 2nd broken pipe,3rd room was perfect) and we recieved free meals for the trouble. We had a little luck and they compped our entire stay. The second time we got the same room and all was good. You want to try Sterlings in the hotel, it is awesome!!! but the buffet and coffee/chinese places are bad. For a buffet that is close go to the Eldorado. Staff is friendly and bellhop even got us a ride to the airport in a limo since we missed the shuttle. One of the best places to stay in Reno and fair priced for a jacuzzi suite during the week $85/night is all I paid both times sun/thur. Huge casino but no poker room but only steps to adjacent hotels (Circus Circus/Eldorado) that do. Will stay there again this october. Good bang for buck

• Liked — Fantastic suites (jacuzzi,plasma tv, shower for 6)
  • Disliked — buffet and coffee/chinese restraunt
  • Tips/Secrets — Try Sterlings $$$ but worth it, otherwise eat elsewhere. Go during the week (cheap)_
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tiffin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2006

I recently stayed at the Silver Legacy Hotel and Casino for a business trip. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, and had a great time. The location is incredible since the hotel is connected to sister hotel/casinos, The Eldorado and Circus-Circus. With food, shopping, and gambling on site, there was no reason to leave the hotel. And really, why would you want to? The town itself is a dive. The casino compound is located amidst dirty streets and pawn shops. Have you ever been to Atlantic City? Enough said.

The hotel lobby was beautiful, but the hotel room was below average. While the view was great, the decor was hokey and dated. The carpet was worn and the comforter was gold and silky. It reminded me of something that Liberace wore on stage. The bed was very stiff and the sheets were speckled with small holes and were a tad frayed. The bathroom was dated as well, but it was clean.

Anyway, the casino was great. It was by far the most exciting of the three on the block. There was a lot of eye-catching things to look at, such as the mining rig, etc. And it seemed to have a decent amount of gaming.

We ate at the Sweetwater cafe for breakfast and it was reasonably priced and very good. We tried the Victorian Buffet for dinner, and it was like eating at Ryan's. Spend a little more and eat at The Sterling Steakhouse.

Overall, my stay was nice and I had a great time gambling. If I am ever in Reno for business again, I will make a point to gamble at The Silver Legacy. But I may rethink my stay - if I ever venture back to Reno. I might just save money on the flight ang go to Vegas instead.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

Stayed here overnght August 27th and was expecting a really nice night in a really good hotel, but was really let down. I paid for a superior room and was not impressed passed the lobby. Room had black marks on the carpeting from oil or something and when I went to take a shower the was someone elses hair in there, yuk. I told the front desk of they're problems at check out and to his credit he got right on the phone to take care of the problems, whether any thing got done I don't know.
They are up front with the $3.00 resort fee that you must pay, but what is that all about. Maybe its for the weight room I don't know.
Parking is fair and free, but like all parking in Reno its difficult to find your way through the mazes of slot machines and to find the right elevator. There are alot of better and cheaper hotels in Reno I also spent two day at Harrahs and found it nicer and at half the price.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — I hated how dirty the rooms were
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Western States, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

If you can get a good deal on the room it's a decent place to stay, but I wouldn't put up big bucks for it either. We paid about $60 including tax & fees.

Pros:
Nicely decorated
Better than average linens
Relatively new hotel
Restaurants and shopping on site
Didn't have to walk through the casino to check in, shop or eat
Ample parking
Resort style services (valet, bellhops, etc)
On site restaurant management was friendly and helpful (travel with food allergic child)
Nice views from the upper floors
Elevators to guest rooms w/ security
Good climate control
Fairly quiet room
Better than average toiletries

Cons:
Charged an additional resort fee at check in (this was not noted when we booked the hotel at hotels.com)
Not entirely clean-- carpet near walls had dust build-up, hair all over tub mat & bathroom floor- yuck
Pool area small and dirty, several soda cups had been tipped over on the deck and left there
Luck of the draw on staff-- some friendly and helpful others snotty and just plain rude
No vent in the bathroom

Neutral:
Bed was ok
Non-smoking room wasn't saturated
Room layout and size ok

• Liked — Good ammenities and a choice of on site restaurants.
  • Disliked — Standard of cleanliness and attitude of some staff.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Silver Legacy Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!