“The only place I stay in Reno” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
It's POOOOLLLL TIME!
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Reno
San Francisco, California
“The only place I stay in Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been staying here for years, and love this place. We have gotten some exceptional room rates (from, for instance $39 mid week, to $69 on weekend). The rooms have been remodeled over the years, and while I like the changes they've made to the décor/bedding, etc., I wish they'd redo the bathrooms. The bathrooms are somewhat small, with the vanity and sinks being part of the room, and the toilet/tub behind a door. There is no fan in the bathroom, if that's important to you :) The bathroom décor is very beige and nondescript, but it's more than adequate. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms feature a nice little table and chairs, big windows with great views of the mountains or city, and a good sized flat screen tv.

The resort/casino itself is also great. You really don't have to leave the building if you don't want. There are excellent bars/restaurants throughout, coffee shops, a salon, clothing/jewelry shops, souvenirs, fast food, buffets, steak and seafood restaurants, swanky lounges, karaoke bars, a brewery, you name it. I've always gotten excellent service, and have enjoyed my stay.

This hotel is located smack in the middle of Reno and you can walk all around downtown easily from here. There's also a hotel/airport shuttle, which is very convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is awesome... Great service, Restaurants, and Casinos. I enjoyed the food and I had a awesome room with a city view. Great place to travel with family or friends. The city nick name is the "Biggest Little City" The hotel is in a great location and it's very easy to get around the city,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review of the Silver Legacy. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back again soon!
Aptos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We go to Reno each year for Hot August Nights. The Silver Legacy is the perfect place to stay because it is a wonderful hotel and is at the center of much of the event activities because of its central downtown location. The rooms are nicely appointed. The registration lobby is beautiful and we really enjoy the glass of champagne while you are registering - what a nice way to welcome visitors! The buffet is excellent. Playing poker at the bar is a wonderful way to relax and visit with other guests. This is just a great place to stay in so many ways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

There is a hidden treasure there at the Silver Legacy, down by the Valet Parking. A wonderful, very clean store with all kinds of nifty things. I was there on a Sunday a few weeks ago, and the girl who helped me was simply outstanding! She went out of her way to make sure that all of the items that I purchased were wrapped up good, so they would not break on our way home. I think her name was Katie. She was so friendly to everyone who walked in, even those who were asking for change! I wish we could tip clerks! A visit to this store is a must when at this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the highest floor available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Blackduck, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Reno for the first time for an Insurance conference and with no idea what to expect, we were very impressed with the overall experience. The food was a bit overpriced, but they have this place set up so that you never need to leave!

Going to a store to find a tie, we encountered a very rude customer, with a clerk who had a very cool head. She noticed my wife looking at house decorations, and suggested a store downstairs, and when I asked about less expensive ties, she suggested a store that was right next door. All of this while a customer was treating her poorly. I felt so bad for her, I did pay the extra money there for the tie, and told her how impressed I was of her patience. Upon returning home, my wife dug out our receipt, and we were served by the same Kathie that a previous reviewer spoke of.

Kudos to the Silver Legacy for hiring quality people, and keeping a very clean environment in such a large area! We plan on going back for our anniversary in December!

Room Tip: Use the upgrade option! The suites have stunning views!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rogue River, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a 3 day get away for my wife and I. We will definitely be staying at the Silver Legacy again. The location and setup right between Circus Circus and The Eldorado was a great idea. We spent most of our time in the SL but did go to the other two for a few things. It was so nice to deal with happy smiling people instead of getting the same old I hate my job attitude; I see it far too often. The last thing I want to see while on a fun trip is an unhappy employee. From the first guy I talked to at registration to the girl that I checked out with, everyone was great. The room was cleaned and neat, as was the whole resort. Great drinks delivered to me while gaming and again always a smile on their faces. Parking was easy and not far away. We will be back, and I will be telling everyone I know and work with what a great time we had.
Just one thing I did not like. I hate to be nickel and dimed to death, and that is what it felt like when my wife and I wanted to use out ipads at the same time. I don’t know why it is set up this way but it sucks. When we would go to our room to regroup, we wanted to check our email or Google something; we could not do it at the same time. This should be part of the cost of the room per person.
Other than that we had an in wonderful time, and a special thanks to the SLs employees, great people do make a difference.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We come here every year for a major trade show in October. The location is very convenient but the SL really needs to swap the cleaning crew with the reception desk crew because at least the cleaning crew smiles sometimes.

The room is okay but would have been better with half way decent blankets and a hair dryer that works and a shower that did more than dribble out water.

We reserved a room with a King size bed and were put in a room with 2 queen beds. The reception desk girl could not have been less apologetic with the screw up.

The $50 hold charge to my card for "sundries" is ludicrous since there are no sundries in the room.

At the end of the day, it isn't terrible but it could be so much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed our location. We are sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission and your feedback will help us ensure the highest standard of quality.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

Been to Silver Legacy Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!