“Hospitable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Hospitable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Silver Legacy as part of a group attending a conference. I know our group booked into the hotel for the good prices. Staff was friendly and mostly accommodating.
The Spa booked quickly. It has a small staff and was an afterthought to the hotel - so book early if you'd like their services. Massage Therapists are great and professional and provide a relaxing alternative (or bonus) to gambling. Highly recommend.
Difficult to set/maintain room temperatures. Spent a lot of time re-adjusting the manual thermostat.
In-Room coffee was terrible.
Sips Coffee & Tea is a good alternative. There's a Starbuck's onsite and a McDonald's across the street. The coffee provided for our conference was good regular black coffee also.
None of the bars serve Wild Turkey American Honey... but there is a convenient liquor store across the street.
WIFI was a mess and did not work or was sporadic. My phone and tablet spent a lot of time looking for a signal or frozen. Heard the same from many of my conference mates.
Was disappointed the Pearl Oyster Bar was not opened yet. Flavors Buffet was good. Cafe Sedona was good but got overwhelmed on the weekends. Took a LONG time to get served on Friday night (the buffet was closed).
From our initial ice breaker to boxed lunches, morning coffee & the final black tie banquet --Meals provided for our conference were good quality, plentiful and tasty.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevators and ice machines. Upper floors have better views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our spa services and restaurants! We are however sorry to hear of your issues with the WIFI. Please know, we take all feedback very seriously and we are constantly evaluating ways to improve amenities such as WIFI and the in room coffee. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

Silver Legacy Resort Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Almeria, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Having been to Las Vegas twice this visit to Reno was a downer, It´s lacking the glitz and glamour of LV but we made the most of our 3 night stay. Silver Legacy hotel was rather jaded, needs some updating, our room was upgraded to 30th Floor which we paid for to be away from the smokers. Good check in staff. Excellent garage space for our car, difficult to find the entrance to the car park. Views from our room which was a corner room were magnificent, and there was still snow on the tops of the mountains. Security was good, guard on lift desk checking room cards before allowing entry to the elevators.
I had a body massage in the Spa and that was a really well equipped and relaxing area, small plunge pool outside too.
Last of the big spenders we spent $2 on the slots, played with the winnings for 2 nights, won´t say which machines they were...................
Buffet meals in the restaurant were great if you could eat a lot, we just had breakfast there. We found the best restaurant was in the Eldorado which is linked to the Silver Legacy - Tivoli served excellent food, and very efficient servers. Desserts were huge and to die for...................
Circus Circus which is also linked was looking like the poor relation, not hardly anyone in there at all, seemed to cater for kids with stalls to win prizes like you would see at a fairground.
We did see a few local cowboys walking through the hotel complete with spurs on their boots!
On the streets early evening I did not feel safe - too many young drunks about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Reno is a nice little city and the Silver Legacy helped make the stay very enjoyable. Why? The hotel staff were kind and responsive, the room was very comfortable with a great view toward the rising sun. I'm not into gambling, so I anticipated this just being a stop over on a vacation that included Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park. I loved the Riverfront area walk.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a better view and are less noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your stay at the Silver Legacy. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Silver Legacy
Pataskala, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Was not informed of additional fees when made reservation, nor at time of check-in. Was given bowlers rate of $59.99 a night. They even sent two emails confirming my rate. Upon check-in was charged for deposit again (twice) Went back to desk after I discovered I was charged a second deposit. The first one was when I reserved a room which was one day's cost. Then they tell me there is an extra $20 per day charge after the first day. And charged me an even higher deposit. I used to love it at The Silver Legacy, I WILL NOT BE BACK, nor will I spend a dime in their casino.

Room Tip: Beware of additional not told about fees!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Legacy Resort and Casino, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your stay. It is unfortunate to hear of your experience with the information regarding your room’s total price. We attempt to display all fees and taxes throughout our website along with explaining the amenities that you receive in return, but we are constantly evaluating better ways to display this information. Your feedback will help us address any issues with this information being clear at time of booking.

We do apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Worldwide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Silver Legacy as part of a group attending a convention there. From the front desk staff, to security, to housekeeping, the casino staff, restaurant and gift shop personnel - everything was first rate!

We stayed in a Spa Suite (3040) which has the most breathtaking views of Reno and the snow covered mountains in the distance. it is a corner room, with three large windows (one over the Jacuzzi!), and both the day and nighttime views are spectacular.

The Silver Legacy, Eldorado, and Circus Circus share a main thoroughfare which connects their casinos, restaurants, and show facilities. They are family friendly, and there are many areas that members of the entire family can be accommodated at for entertainment.

We strongly recommend the Silver Legacy - whether you're in Reno for business, a family vacation, honeymoon, or anniversary. (And go ahead and splurge for a Spa Suite!!!)

Room Tip: 3040 Spa Suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Pacific Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently spent three days in Reno looking for a place to live and the Silver Legacy Casino and Hotel was on my list of five places to stay. One of the managers at one of the apartments I looked at picked it out of my list as the top one of the five and she was spot on.
At check in I asked the clerk if she would honor the on line rate I had seen and she matched the price for one night and gave me a lower rate for the other night. Saving a few dollars on a room is important in Nevada as the state and city of Reno both have taxes they impose on hotels and casinos. Taxes for two nights almost equaled a one night room rate.
The room was modern, cheery, clean and to my surprise had a view of the city and nearby mountains. The room had a large 40" tv, two queen beds, a coffee maker, hair dryer and plenty of towels. Missing was a snack bar and beverage bar which I did not miss as the temptation to eat a $4 bag of corn chips can run up your bill in a hurry.
The hotel is centrally located and has a free parking lot downstairs so your car is protected during your stay and I left mine there for two days and easily walked to everything I wanted to see and do. There are security guards at all elevator entrances to the rooms and to get past them you must show your door key card.
I'm not a gambler but for those of you who do there is plenty to keep you busy. When you get hungry from pushing all those slot buttons or rolling dice the hotel has a bevy of restaurants to satisfy your hunger although they tend on the pricey side. I dropped my rating from 5 stars to four due to the cost of eating there.
Two things not to miss in Reno, that are within walking distance, are the River Walk and The National Automobile Museum which has a large part of Harrah's collection in it.
I was very pleased with my stay at the Legacy and highly recommend it as a comfortable, affordable, centrally located and secure place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Silver Legacy for two nights on business. The last time I was at this hotel was about 5 years ago and the rooms were old. However, they have been recently updated and look very good. The shower / bath tub needs some updating, though. The shower head did not provide much pressure, even though I was only on the 4th floor. The location of the property is in central downtown Reno. If you're a bowler, you can walk to the National Bowling Stadium. The hotel also offers a free airport shuttle, which is convenient. The restaurants in the Silver Legacy are OK, but they need some modernizing. The Sedona restaurant, in particular, had very slow service, was a little dirty, but had great tasting food. The casino itself is showing its age, but they do keep up with the new slot games. I cannot compare the rooms at the Silver Legacy to the others downtown, but the updates are very pleasant and modern.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Silver Legacy Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!