“3d stay, finally let down...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$56 Room + 2 FREE Drinks
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Reno
plumas lake
“3d stay, finally let down...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

WE LOVE THE LEGACY! This is our 3d stay, each time we stay a little better, either better room or longer weekend or do a little more by sight seeing. This trip is a late Christmas gift from our son. I just returned from a long trip out of country, so spending quality time with wife priority #1.

Great size suite with bubbler bath, nice....big, huge water damage stain on ceiling, NOT NICE

Views from window, good....elevator noise 24hrs a day, NOT GOOD

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just moved to Reno, Nevada after a vacation and really love Silver Legacy! I went there with my husband and we signed up for our player cards first. The staff was really polite and helpful, making sure that we got signed up for everything we'd need; including taking our email address so they could mail us offers. We found some great machines to play at (penny slots!) and enjoyed a couple hours worth of gambling. We walked away after losing our planned budget but it was a great way to spend an afternoon together. The staff was awesome and kept bringing us drinks so we wouldn't have to go up to the bar. Definitely recommend this to any newbies in the Reno, NV area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in Reno for business and this was one of the two hotels that were suggested as good places to stay. When I checked in, I apparently won the lucky draw and got upgraded from a standard room to a small suite with an in-room spa. The suite is nice with modern furnishings and has a great view of Mt. Rose out the 32nd floor window.

The hotel itself seems nicer than the other hotels downtown, but it can't measure up to the glitz of hotels on the strip in Vegas. We arrived on a Tuesday and the town was nearly empty and the hotel seemed deserted compared to the number of guests it could hold. As I write this up on Thursday evening, the amount of people and the energy of the place has substantially increased. I imagine it will be relatively interesting place to hang out by tomorrow evening. One downside is that I can hear the elevators whisking up and down the building from my room. It's a bit of white noise to me after a while, but I can imagine it would bother some.

I don't gamble, so I can't say much about the casino, but the action there seemed to be comparable to other casinos that I've walked through. As a people watcher rather than a gambler, I like to see action in casinos and people on the street.

The service at the hotel has been adequate, but not stellar. The rooms are clean and fairly reasonably priced, though I am staying midweek as noted above. All in all, I would certainly be willing to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of Mt. Rose.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The price of the rooms varied greatly depending on what Internet site you book on. We ended up paying about 45 per night which was the cheapest price we found. They do charge a resort fee of 10 dollars per night that is not included in internet bookings. The room was not what we expected or what it was advertised as and was fairly small however it was adequate. We had to request a mini fridge as they are not stock in the rooms. Our television didn't work at all during our 5 day stay. We called for assistance several times. Sometimes a technician would come and fiddle with it sometimes no one came. We complained to the manager who was very
helpful and offered us multiple comps including a free dinner and breakfast. The casino did not have great food or good food service. The food was overpriced. The dealers at the table games we quite nice and made our Reno experience a bit more fun. Overall I would return but I was not overly impressed.

• Stayed February 2013
Marion, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My sister and I attending the Bowling tournament last week and we stayed at this hotel. Very nice and classy but the service could use a lot of improvement. We received mixed attitudes from the employees both at check in and at the coffee shop. It was almost like they really didn't care if we stayed again since they were busy and the service in the coffee shop was horrible, cold food and very slow. When we complained we got a smile and a oh, well attitude. While the hotel was nice and the beds comfortable, next year we will stay somewhere else. I have to note though, the shuttle service was excellent and we did have fun spending our hard earned dollars in the casino and listening to the entertainment. For the price, I would have expected a lot more bang for the buck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here three nights while attending a conference. First and foremost, if you are a conference and meeting planner - do your attendees a favor and consider another location. Conference rooms are next to entertainment areas. This pavement causes a lot of ambient noise and heavy smoke smell.

The hotel rooms are average at best. At least one other reviewer noted the bed is hard, I agree... Very uncomfortable. The air conditioning never really cooled the room, and a small vent by the window didn't fully seal when closed causing a lot of noise during high winds. On the plus side, there is a coffee maker in the room. Yippee.

You will pay a resort fee. The fee includes Internet access. Thus is the worst Internet access I've ever used. Sessions frequently logged out, and the speed was unusably slow. I ended up paying for the premium Internet... Which was better, but should be the standard given the fee.

Plenty of parking in the parking ramp and an elevator to take you to the lobby. Common areas are clean (as was the room), but all smelled of smoke. Casino and hotel staff were friendly, but nothing outstanding.

I always ask myself, would I stay there again? No. Plenty of other options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was average, we had a non-smoking room but the entire hallway wreaked of smoke. The room doors slam shut and are very loud due to sticky lock mechanisms. We could hear people coming and going all night long.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Silver Legacy Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!