“Great rate, hard bed, well equipped room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport

You added Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2050 Market Street, Reno, NV 89502-1510 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites Reno)   |
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Menifee, California
“Great rate, hard bed, well equipped room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Rate was a Expedia special. No way to get that rate through the hotel web site. Hotel shares property with a Baymont Inn. Both owned by same company. Reno airport is less than a mile and the hotel has a shuttle.

Both hotels were sold out. The desk clerk even said I was lucky to get a room. Hotel is just off the 395 south and downtown Reno is about three miles west. Lobby was nicely decorated and and has a flat screen television and a desk top pc. I requested a king room, non-smoking on the lower floor. I got that plus the room was adjacent to the lobby.

Our room had a well decorated king bed, a small frig, a microwave, wet bar, coffee maker, iron and board, two night stands, one small dresser, a desk, a flat screen wall mounted television, and a HVAC system mounted under the window. I feel I got too much
room for just one night but I could not pass up the rate. These rooms would be great for those desiring to have an extended stay in Reno.

I was disappointed with the comfort of the bed and the signal quality of the wi-fi, which is free. The bed was like sleeping on a board. When I asked the staff about the wi-fi, I was told that the signal quality suffers in the rooms, but I was welcomed to use the lobby pc. Turns out, I was able to connect to their unsecured network but just barely.

There is a fitness center. There was a very good breakfast buffet. It is included in the room rate. Scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon, self made waffles, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee, and toast are included in the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
boca raton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Great place for the value. Modern looking renovated rooms. Biggest complaint is if you are looking for privacy and have neighboors the sound barriers are VERY poor. Cannot emphasize that enough. You can hear people talking, coughing, brushing teeth clear as day! But because I paid $55 and the rooms were clean and modern I will still rate this as overall pretty good. Stayed here 2 nights. Also decent hot continental breakfast options. Outdoor pool. Just really bad on the privacy factor. This used to be casino employee lodging per a local.

• Stayed August 2010
Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Hotel is located in a less than desirable neighborhood. We could hear car alarms going off, saw people arrested on side of road by the police, and had the feel of a run down area. The outside is not well maintained and the landscaping is not appealing. The hallways were dark and dingy and wreaked of smoke. The room looked as though it had been recently renovated, but was very small. The furnishings were newer. We requested cribs and crib sheets for our kids and the staff was very helpful. We slept horribly and just felt like we were in a bad area. The hotel had a dark feeling to it, which made us feel unsafe. For the price though, I guess we couldn't complain. We only paid $55 a night. The shuttle service was on time and the driver was helpful and nice. We left our van there for 12 days and when we returned, it was in fine shape. Again, the shuttle service was on time. I would recommend this hotel to people who feel like they can take care of themselves and don't feel intimidated by rough settings. However, I would not recommend this hotel to families with children.

Unalaska, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I chose this hotel as I had to stay 10 nights with my teens, wanted the kitchen, free breakfast, pool and exercise room. Rate was very reasonable. Staff friendly & helpful. Shuttle was very nice when I didn't want to drive to a congested area of town. We're definitely going back to this property. I was glad for the ample parking, quiet environment without a casino atmosphere.

Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

First stay at a Hawthorne Suites. This was billed as a suite but was a regular sized room, albeit with a microwave and fridge. Was quiet, and bed was OK. It is next to a Baymont Suites, and the parking lot is jammed up. They had a pretty good hot breakfast. Internet worked fine.

• Stayed July 2010
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Had to wait 1 hour for shuutle to show up at the Airport to pick us up. Hotel checkin was no better, took about 35 min. before they could find us a room. Staff made no apologies
for the delays, no one smiles or greets anyone. Very poor customer service standards. I travel extensively for my business and I have never come across such uncaring staff. No one answering the phones that were ringing off the hook. I demanded to speak to the manager who said she will call me in the room but never did.
Room appeared nice, newly remodelled it seems.The next day my 9 year old daughter developed allergies and not until I had to use the bathroom I realzed why, the br was full of mildew and mold. i immediately called the desk and asked to speak to the manager but once again i was told she was not available, GM was not available either to talk to us. We found it strange that at 10 am it would be so hard to get a manager to speak to us and address our concerns. We went down to the desk and once again placed a demand to speak to the manager to get us a ride to the ER but were told the hotel shuttle is not for such use, QUIET OUTRAGEOUS considering their room condition triggered the allergies. We had to call a cab to get to the ER. Upon our return we were moved to the hotel Baymont Inn across the parking lot which was not in any better shape either and we checked out immediately and have numerous msgs for the GM for contact us but no one has called us in 4 days. Very unsafe place for families with young kids. Reporting this matter to Health dept and AAA>

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

My spouse and I just came back from spending a few nights in Reno.

Pros:
Ample parking
Friendly Staff but not real knowledgeable about area

Cons:
Small rooms
Hairdryer has to reset for longer hair to dry
TV reception not the greatest
Hard beds
Smell of cigar smoke at front desk and outside
If you're on a higher floor, takes awhile to get hot water

There's not a real good choice of clean places to stay in Reno, but I think I'd check another chain the next time. Would recommend if you're dead tired and want cheap, no frills accommodations.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport? Share your experiences!