“Glad I Tried Someplace New” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport to your Saves list
Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport
Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2050 Market Street, Reno, NV 89502-1510 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites Reno)   |
Ranked #30 of 65 hotels in Reno
Meridian, Idaho
“Glad I Tried Someplace New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I second guessed myself quite a bit after I booked this hotel based of some of the other reviews. After staying here for 4 nights I am glad I tried someplace new. No problem finding the hotel, the Lexington has a sign out front to help identify it from the adjacent hotel. Check-in was fast. The staff was very friendly. No additional deposit was required for incidentals. The room was a nice size, complete with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink (in addition to the sink in the bathroom), two complimentary bottles of water and package of microwave popcorn, ice-cold LG air conditioner, desk with lots of electrical outlets for all those electrical devices, iron/ironing board and flat screen tv with remote. The bathroom was a nice size as well, complete with a large counter, hair dryer, curved shower curtain and a fan in the bathroom. We were on the third floor and never had a problem with noise. The wait for the elevator was always less than a minute. The complimentary breakfast was above average, offering different cereals, pastries, eggs, sausage, waffles, juices and coffee. The front desk usually also had complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for guests in the afternoons. There was also free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel which was fast and easy to log onto. The Lexington does have a pool, but it was closed for maintenance during my stay. Possible areas of improvement...... parking was a bit of a cluster. The Lexington shares a parking lot with the Baymont (I believe) and it was packed on the weekends! If you have a large vehicle you need to be very good at parking in tight spots or be comfortable parking outside of the parking lot. The stairwells were a bit dated and the dressers/nightstands in the rooms could use some updating. In my opinion Reno is not the greatest area anymore period, but it doesn't stop me from visiting. Not once did I feel un-safe staying at the Lexington. The Lexington is close (about two minutes drive time) to the Grand Sierra Resort for food and gambling. The Lexington is not a "luxury" hotel by any means, so if that is what you are looking for, I don't think this is the right hotel for you. The Lexington is working to create a name for itself and while there are improvements that can be made, the added extras they offer go a long way as far as I am concerned. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I always request a room on the higher floors because I find them to be quieter. I also always travel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Frank L, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff and management of the Lexington Inn’s and Suites, we would like to thank you for your review of our property! Without your review, we would not know how we are doing, according to our guests standards.

I am the new General Manager here at the Lexington Inn and Suite and have corrected this problem. I am holding the staff to a new standard level of service as well as cleanliness of the entire hotel.

I would like to invite you back, to see the changes that we have made! Please contact me for your reservation, either by email – renoairporthotels@live.com or phone 775-786-2500 extension 501.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I cannot recommend the Lexington.

Even though they have renovated their rooms this place is depressing. Halls and stairwells are worn out and depressing. Trash around the entrances. Elevator sounds like its out of the 19th century. Location is less than ideal.

But probably the worst thing was lack of sleep. About 1:00 AM a fight broke out in the rooms next to us. Yelling, screaming, door slamming going on all night long. Management seemed oblivious to the whole situation. We checked out after one night.

I would recommend paying a little more and stay someplace decent.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

We would also like to apologize for the way the property and your guest experience during your stay, at your home away from home. We understand this is unacceptable, and we want to apologize to for that.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel was not signed at all. It could be identified only by an inconspicuous flag attached to a light in the parking lot. The parking lot is shared with the Belmont Inn, by the way. I actually walked into their hotel and they pointed me in the right direction. My room was very clean and the mattress was good quality. The lamp situated on the night stand between the two beds did not work, however. After replacing the bulb from another lamp in the room, I still found myself in darkness. I determined the outlet was faulty. I didn't bother to report the problem as I was tired from traveling. The air conditioner was weird. It kept shutting off prematurely. I had to change the setting from air conditioner to heat and then back again to air conditioner for the thermostat to function properly. . This was a bit of a pain. The front desk clerk checking me in was very friendly. The hotel was very busy and the parking lot was almost always packed, which made the setting slightly hectic. I believe I paid $49/night. I possibly would stay again, but would have to think twice.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and the room was a bit hot.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Frank L, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our property! This is the only real way we know how we are doing!!

We are in the process of getting the property back in line-with the standard. Again, I would like to thank you for your comment, and please, if ever in the area-please stay with us!!

Frank C. Larson
Lampe, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We always stay here when visiting our grandkids. It used to be Hawthorn Inn & Suites but the same manager (Ron) is there and will go the extra mile to make you comfortable. My wife and I have stayed here at least a dozen times over the last 3 years and each stay finds the facility improved in some way from enclosed walkways to new carpet, beds, and other refinements. All improvements done under Ron's direction. The area looks old but we have never had any problems. The facility is so close to major roads it makes getting anywhere easy. We never hear any noise from the traffic.

Room Tip: Get the cathedral celling rooms on the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lexington Inn & Suites - Reno Airport? Share your experiences!