“Outdated LaQuinta but our room was clean.” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Reno to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Reno
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 Market, Reno, NV 89502   |
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Reno
“Outdated LaQuinta but our room was clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We were literally only in our room to sleep and shower for the weekend. Very affordable for the 2 nights. Our room was clean even though the general appearance of the hotel is outdated. On Saturday early morning there was a lot of traffic noise. Explanation being that there is a large post office behind the hotel. The breakfast selection was smaller than most LaQuinta's but it was enough to fill you up. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Murrieta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

La Quinta Reno was a very nice and quiet place to stay. I read some of the reviews about how noisy this hotel was. After my stay here, it wasn't an issue at all. One thing that could use some improvement is the breakfast dining area. I was very small, and you must get up early to get a seat. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was conveniently located for where I was working. I would recommend this hotel to a friend and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I usually stay at this property when in Reno, NV. It's convenient, pretty quiet even though it is right off the highway and the rooms are clean (most of the time). The manager and staff here do an excellent job. They've pretty much had familiar faces every time I come in. There was a gentleman that used to work the front desk that recognized me all the time. I have never had an issue. However, on my most recent stay, I overheard the front desk representative chatting to a gentleman, either another guest or the maintenance guy, about her "provocative rendezvous". As a guest, I do not want to hear of such personal attributes. It made me feel very uncomfortable! Overall, this is an excellent place to stay however if you don't want to walk into a uncomfortable conversation between the front desk staff and others, do not approach front desk. Call from the rooms

Breakfast is doable. Muffins bagels cereal. Only protein is cold hard boiled eggs and only hot item is waffles, which you make yourself. They are quite excellent I must say.

Beds are comfortable. If you want a good nights rest, there beds will do it. Rooms do not come with a microwave and refrigerator unless you get the room with a single King bed

• Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a two night stay on Oct 26. I had a business trip to the West Coast in another city. I had family that were coming to Reno on that weekend. I added a leg to my airline itinerary to meet up with them.

They chose La Quinta as they travel with their dog, and I met up with them. I stayed in a room by myself, they had a room with two people and their dog.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

I spent part of the weekend by myself. Traveling to and from Reno by air, I had no rental car. I walked from the hotel to a nearby shopping center for dinner. Closest restaurant was about 1/2 mile away. There were sidewalks. I did some business work in my room in the evening. The hotel room was fine for that. It was quiet. The hotel had an airport shuttle, which I used. The airport is very close, the staff said some people do walk from the hotel to the airport.

Around the hotel is an industrial area, also a big school. No eating places adjacent to the hotel.

All in all, not a bad hotel. If I come to Reno again, I will stay here. The price was reasonable.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, which is handy. The rooms have doors that open to the outside. Some...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I recently took a trip with our two Boston Terriers and stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Reno. We will definitely stay there again. This motel was perfect for us! The best thing about this motel was the price! We did not have to pay any extra for having our pets with us. When we walked into our room, my first impression was that it smelled really nice. Second impression was that the room was fairly large, which was nice, since we were traveling with our two dogs and needed space for their travel crates to sit on the floor. We reserved a King Plus room, which had a King size bed, with a small fridge, small microwave and a small coffee maker. This motel is perfect for those that like to travel with their pets. They have at least two pet areas available. One large area in front of the motel and one smaller area at the back of the motel, for those that have rooms located closer to that area. The motel provides disposal bags and garbage cans in each of the pet areas, so that owners can pick up after their pets. The pet areas have a nice lawn and are kept clean. This motel is right next to the freeway, which we were aware of, so it can be noisy. We brought earplugs and had no problem sleeping. We slept very restfully. We brought our own pillows, so I can't say how comfortable the motel pillows were. The bed was firm, but not uncomfortable. This motel is away from the downtown area and all of the casinos, which is one of the reasons that we picked it. It is located in an area right across the street from a high school, close to a local neighborhood. In back of the motel is a large Postal delivery station. We never felt like it was an unsafe area. The parking area was large and well lit. This was the perfect home away from home for us.

Room Tip: We booked a King Plus room on the first floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Reno? Share your experiences!