“Good location, good value for low price” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Reno
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 Market, Reno, NV 89502   |
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Helsinki, Finland
“Good location, good value for low price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have stayed here now twice, last time in september 2013 and also in august 2012. And I plan to return when I'm in Reno again.

The location is just next to I-580/US-395 and very close by the airport. I have understood that they have also shuttle service to the airport, but have never used that as I have been driving. There is some noise from the highway and the parking lot is quite far away from most of the rooms.

Rooms are quite ok. Wifi works well and tvs are nice.

There are no services near by. You need a car to get dinner.

There is a large area for dogs in the middle of the parking lot.

This time I didn't wake up early enough to get the breakfast. The dining area for breakfast is small and selection is bit better than a normal motel breakfast, but nothing too great as usual.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here during two business trips and will return. The location is not glamorous, but it was close to the airport and work. The room was clean and comfortable both times. No problem with the quality of the bed or pillows. On the last trip I had the fastest check in process ever, and the manager called to check on me an hour after my arrival. That was unexpected, but she may have heard complaints from others about barking dogs in nearby rooms. It was still appreciated. Breakfast was fine, and check out was efficient. The only thing that I would have liked better would have been a mini fridge and microwave like other La Quinta's have. When I asked and explained a dietary need, the staff member offered the use of the staff refrigerator behind the front desk. It's this kind of treatment that will bring me back here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife was driving through Nevada recently and, due to some unexpected detours, needed a place to crash for the evening, even though it would be after 2:00am before she could make it to Reno. She phoned to let me know, and I then got on the phone to La Quinta Returns, which we're members of. Even though the local Reno staff wasn't able to process a reservation at that late in the evening, Jeff and a woman (whose name I forgot to note) with the Returns 1-800 number managed to make a reservation, apply our points to pay for the room, and get me a confirmation number, all without a fuss. Unfortunately, the computer didn't know that, and it cancelled the reservation before my wife got there. Fortunately, Lauren, who was on duty in Reno that night (8/21) managed to arrange exactly what we had worked out earlier, and all was good, even a late check-out. Thumbs up to the Returns folks as well as Lauren and anyone else who helped my wife that night. Despite some of the recent reviews, my wife had nothing but good to say about the property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an old, tired facility. Seems everything is in need of replacement from the decor of the rooms to (especially!) the beds. Be sure to carry Your key everywhere because the doors which are marked by notices to be unlocked during busy hours are always locked. This facility is near the freeway and many of the rooms are unshielded from road noise. We requested a room away from freeway noise, were told we had been assigned one......and needed to play music in our room to drown out the traffic.

All of the La Quintas we have stayed in that charge over $100 per night have an outstanding breakfast, with biscuits and gravy and bacon, real plates and silverware. Not this one. Styrofoam and plastic. Same tired pre wrapped bagles and muffins they have been setting out for guests since the 1990s. Fresh fruit choice of apples or bananas and yogurt only healthy options they set out.

To top things off, first flush of our toilet caused an overflow. Perhaps an indication of a disgruntled prior resident? Housekeeping came up quickly and took care of things. Staff from check in to maids to shuttle driver were all very good. But, the condition of the facility needs attention.

Room Tip: i am a La Quinta returns program member and will not return to this facility. This is definitely on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
high springs fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Made reservations three days ahead of time- person at desk when coming in exceptional-with service. said they were booked but had put me in the back -the stacked cottage area - unknown to me there was no luggage carrier available- one had to carry everything in and out of the auto. The bed was wrinkled, there were hairs on the sheets, ring on the tub and hairs on the toilet- people slammed door all night long and stood out in the breezeways speaking loud, I had requested a non smoking room which it was, but, people were smoking outside which the smoke filtered its way into the room. The hair dryer too was BROKEN.. I cleaned everything before I used it, FLIPPED out the sheets and sprayed them with disinfected spray that I always carried..i reported ALL OF THIS TO THE AM PERSON. SHE WAS SO KIND- APOLOGIZED AND GAVE ME ONE HALF OF THE BILL BACK. iT WAS JUST A BAD hair day-stripped the sheets down to the mattresses and put towels and linen into the bath tub and sprayed everything before I left

Room Tip: make sure you asked for a non limited exit and entrance room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A friend suggested we try La Quinta Inn when we traveled with our dog. They don't charge for dogs, We didn't get a special "dog only room" that we had paid $15-20 a nite for. They had a special area to walk your dog. The room was clean and comfortable. Our check in was pleasant. Will definitely stay at La Quinta's again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sac delta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have stayed here a few months back and was happy with the room and hotel staff. This time, Staff was nice but not as helpful as before. They are digging up the parking lot and was very noisy, pounding etc. And it smelled. When we got in the room, it was not kept up like before. It was clean to a point but you can tell they did it in a hurry. And the room smelled like oil and asphalt. We dealt with it. I don't believe we will come back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Reno? Share your experiences!