“A good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Apple Valley, California
“A good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just wrapped up a two night stay at the La Quinta in Reno. We found the motel very nice. When we walked in the room was very clean and the air conditioning was running so our room was nice and cool! There was a nice area for us to walk the dog, and they even had bags available to clean up after your dog! My only complaint was the parking, but that was unavoidable. They are resurfacing the lot, in the long run it will be an improvement. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional! All in all, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The motel is "old school" and is in a loud location near the highway and airport. But the room was large and clean and most importantly the bed was large and comfortable, and the outdoor noise didn't intrude too much into the room to prevent me from getting a good night's sleep. The included continental breakfast was pretty good but didn't have sausage or bacon, and the eggs were just hard-boiled. (1)(2) The breakfast food area was very small, very busy, and very crowded. There was another small adjoing eating area that could have been nice and quiet to eat in but they put the waffle-maker in there resulting in a huge crowd of noisy teenagers waiting on waffles and not quieter dining area. Not a bad motel, but I recommend the La Quinta in Ely, NV, to travelers in the area, and to the hotel's owners/investors when considering long-overdue renovations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here for one night (4th of July) while passing thru Nevada with a large group of people. My room was clean with a comfortable bed. I had lots of towels and extra pillows. This hotel has outside corridors and my room was towards the back of the building which is what I wanted. The swimming pool looked inviting in the hot summer day. They provide a continental breakfast where you can find bagels and cream cheese, muffins, coffee, orange juice, hard boiled eggs, apples, bananas and you can make your own waffles!. I would like to thank the lady in the front desk for going above and beyond to accommodate 80+ people. She made sure our stay was comfortable and pleasant. Kudos to the staff for being so helpful and friendly too. This hotel is great if you need to rest half way to your destination which is what we had to do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a little away from the stairs. You will have less traffic and less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

For this location they need to include queen and king size bed availability. Double beds are too small for 2 adults . Two double beds is not acceptable. I like that they provide severals pillows, towels and wash cloths.. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The staff was super friendly, helpful, and very professional, from beginning to end. I was concerned about safety as I was staying for 2 nights by myself, and the man at the front desk was really sweet about it and assured me it was safe, but to call the front to let them know if I felt uncomfortable for any reason...

So, as soon as I opened the door and walked into my room, I waited for that "hotel room" smell to just hit me... but it actually smelled fresh! It was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Everything was so clean!! There was not a stain or a hair on anything! The bed sheets and the towels looked brand new, and both nights I had such a great sleep. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice, quality pillows, not too flat or too squishy... The place is quiet during the day and at night, and I felt safe walking around my myself. The ONLY "problem" I encountered was with the snack machine. It didn't pop my item out, but I went to the front desk and I let her know, and she was very pleasant about it, and gave me back my change.. I then went back upstairs to the vending machine and it popped out two of the snacks this time! : ) So, really wasn't a problem at all.

Also, the free-breakfast is a must-see! They had 2 choices of cereal in dispensers, fruit, waffles you get to make yourself, different flavors of yogurt, fresh coffee, orange juice, bagels and cream cheese, muffins, etc. Everything was clean and kept up nicely. I recommend this place.. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Santa Ana, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Please avoid making a stop at this hotel if at all possible. The concierge was clueless and very rude. I booked this hotel stay because they had an outdoor pool. When i made this reservation, they forgot to inform me that it was closed for maintenance. When i even asked for the slightest discount they gave me more rude attitude. I DO NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Reno hotels