“reno is not as nice as it used to be.” 3 of 5 stars

Great Getaway Rates
Ranked #13 of 65 hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edgewood, Washington
“reno is not as nice as it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

hotel was clean, but not very inexpensive....for the price i expect more. and after the amount that i thought i was getting hotel for, i had to pay an extra $17+ they say they have free parking but this 17 is something about parking, even though i carpooled, and we had two rooms.....still had to pay the extra.
air conditioner turns off when you are not in the room....that sucks...it was hot.....and it re-sets during the night so if you want the fan running, it turns off....
food prices in hotel were not a very good deal....food was only average....beer was way expensive....for a casino....i will not go back.

Room Tip: might as well stay at a cheap hotel...and eat at restaurants....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

1,125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Circus-Circus does it right! Fun for the whole family. The staff are available, friendly and helpful; going out of their way to point you in the right direction or answer your question. The hotel-Casino is centrally located, lots of parking, many food and entertainment choices for all ages. I great place to visit or stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the "local special" for best value....and always check on-line for excellent price...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg,Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Even though our trip across country was because of my father's death......Circus Circus put a smile on all eight of our faces. Daughter and I were happy gambling and six grandchildren couldn't wait to get there. Circus Circus rates almost up there with Disney.....but still has a ways to go.

Rohnert Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I only stayed here one night with my two nephews on our way back to California. There were 5 of us and we rented a king suite. It was a little dated but I never really care about how the room looks, as long as it is clean then I am happy. It was, of course, clean. It was nice and spacious with a living room, bedroom with a king bed (although it looked a little smaller than a king), and nice big bathroom. We had a refrigerator and microwave which is always nice when you are traveling with kids.

The kids area where all the games are is great. A lot of the games are pretty easy to win a prize and my nephews loved it there. There are also arcade games, and games you can win tickets so you can buy prizes with tickets. I had just as much fun as the kids playing the games!

The casino is very nice with many things to chose from. I didn't gamble because I wanted to stay in the kids area with my nephews, but my friends played some slot machines and doubled their money.

Overall, it was a great stay. If we are ever in Reno again it will probably be our top choice of places to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Circus Circus. Overall it was a good experience. We ended up there on a Friday evening with no reservation but were able to get a room at a decent price for staying right on the Reno "strip" and checked in quickly. Our room was nice and big and we got some free perks staying there such as free slot play. The only thing to consider is that this is a very family oriented casino which can go either way depending on your situation. We were alone, traveling without kids, so we could have lived without the chaos that accompanied the Midway area and the buffet as there were a LOT of families staying here. However, if that doesn't bother you or you are traveling with kids this is a GREAT place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Daly City, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always enjoy staying at the Circus Circus. I have been coming in for at least 15 years. I do always receive the complimentary stay. This time though I was a little dissatisfied with the front desk person. She had a little attitude and was not very friendly. This is the only time this I felt that way. Otherwise I had the best time of my life. Thank you.

San Mateo, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Overall I am satisfied with my visit. Service was very good and the whole facility was comfortable I have no complaints.
For my personal preference, I think the room was a bit too dark and I could've used and extra lamp. The TV and internet connection wasn’t working properly I think it needs upgraded.

Room Tip: Room could use and extra lamp
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno? Share your experiences!