“Stayed here for 2013 USBC Open Championships” 3 of 5 stars

Best Rates Guaranteed!
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Stayed here for 2013 USBC Open Championships”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Shuttle from airport was right on time. Arrived at 1pm and was allowed to check-in and was no line. Elevators very close to Check-in for North Tower rooms (and were pretty quick) as well as escalator to 2nd floor to Restaurants, Arcade, etc. Room was clean and had a King Non-Smoking #1121 with view of Bowling Stadium, Harrah's, etc. Walls seemed thin as could hear noise in hallway, etc. very easily. No comforters on beds and A/C is weird in that it heats/cools to keep room temp set. I ended up turning it off as didn't want to feel any heat. Good water pressure and quick hot water for shower. Towels were okay and not coarse like some hotels. Wasn't pleased with comps on slots as compared to Silver Legacy but Eldorado wasn't very good either on those. Got a great deal with High Bowlers Rewards staying there for 20% off all restaurants and $3 daily free play slots along with coupon booklet that had a few other good deals like $5 free slot play, Free drink with burger at Americana Cafe, etc. Bed and pillows were a little too soft for me. Used the TV check-out option and got copy of bill at Registration counter as well as Boarding Pass printout. Had a shuttle that ran to Stadium which was convenient for lugging bowling balls to/from there. I did have an issue with smoke coming from somewhere on Fri/Sat night of my Wed-Sun stay. I put towels under adjacent room door and hallway door but still could smell it some. Property was packed over the weekend so not sure if it was coming from hallway, thru ventilation system or adjacent room.

Room Tip: Sky Tower seems to have better views of Mountains, but longer walk. I turned off A/C and it was coo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The room was nice and clean the beds were very comfortable, very large and clean bathroom. The food in the restaurants was very good and a shout out to the pastry cook for some real good pastry in Favors buffet. Friendly staff and the stay at the hotel was a good experience.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the north and south tower and the north tower is much better.
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Granted, my negative comments are a bit on the picky side. When they are aggregated, I think it gives the picture of a hotel not being all that it should be. Before getting to the negatives, I want to say that every one of the staff I dealt with was friendly.

When I drove into the self-parking lot at the Skytower, I was struck by how dark it was. Also, the paint lines marking the spaces were barely visible. They need to replace the numerous bulbs that are burned out and re-paint the space markings.

I was traveling midweek, and check-in was a breeze. I asked for a non-connecting room because I didn't want noise from an adjacent room. No problem. They asked if I wanted my credit card kept open so that I could charge to my room. I said that I did. Remember this for later. In the past, I had been given several coupons for use at the various facilities. This time the only perk was for a free glass of house wine at the steakhouse, which was closed during the days that I was at the hotel. So I didn't receive any usable discounts.

Now, on to the room. I walked in and the room looked okay. Then I noticed that the alarm clock was on a table about six feet from the bed. I unplugged it so I could put it on a nightstand next to the bed. Not enough accessible outlets! I decided to do without the lamp on the desk so that I could plug in the alarm clock. Also, the fan for the air conditioning was a bit loud, even in the "LO" setting.

The following day I had a nice lunch at the Americana Cafe. I showed my guest card so that my account at the hotel would be charged. No go. The cashier said that their system showed my account at the hotel was closed out. I paid by credit card. I went to the front desk to find out why I couldn't charge to my room at the restaurant. The clerk said that the system showed that I should be able to. Back to the Americana Cafe. I asked to speak to a manager. She checked the system and said it showed that no charges to my room were allowed because my account at the hotel was closed out. She got on the phone and called the front desk. After some discussion with them, she said my hotel account was now open. When I went back to the restaurant for dinner, my guest card was accepted.

For me, the number of rather small issues made my stay at the hotel somewhat unsatisfactory. The next time I travel to Reno, I'll look into other hotels, rather than automatically selecting Circus Circus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are terribly sorry that your stay with Circus Circus was not perfect. We are pleased to read in your review that the staff did everything they could to help with this process and will take your feedback and transfer to the manager to make these changes. Thank you for your feedback.
Columbia, Kentucky, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel, staff, and the gaming were wonderful. The building was very clean The staff was the best part as everything i requested was done on the spot and without any hesitation on their part. the building was very close to the interstate and easily accessed by car. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The Sky Tower is really great for a peaceful stay!
Willis, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had a great time. The beds were so comfortable, very clean, staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Had a problem with the air conditioner and when I called maintenance was there within an hour and changed out the whole unit in about 15 minutes. The young men at guest services were awesome. They helped us straighten out a problem with the weight of our luggage so we wouldn't have to pay additional dollars for overweight bags.

Hello Paula,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We strive to make sure all of our guests are happy! Come on back soon!
Rochester, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent May 6th thru 10th there, participating in the USBC Open Bowling tournament. Our room was very nice, and all the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Meals at the Steakhouse and the Americana were excellent, as well.

Room Tip: Our room was spacious and comfortable, if not overly luxurious. Would have preferred being in the ma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Krystal P, Public Relations Manager at Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Craig H,
We love Bowling Season! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Upon your next visit, let us know and we will see what we can do about putting you in the main tower!
Ukiah, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We got eaxctly what we expected. Great room rates, great service and a fun and exciting time on the casino floor. The staff was friendly and efficient. The line was long at the one club sign up but moved us through quickly.

Room Tip: If you are on the top floor at the end of the hall do not expect wi-fi
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mike M.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! As for the WiFi we are actually changing service providers here soon to fix this problem! We certainly can't wait!

Been to Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno? Share your experiences!