“Beat up but did the job.......” 2 of 5 stars

Best Rates Guaranteed!
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beat up but did the job.......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I like going to stay at a casino and getting all of the benefits without gambling a penny........

This place is beat up pretty bad,at some point they have to remodel, the rooms/rates are barely worth it, but we did sleep pretty well... and took a decent shower...the parking garage was a haul to the south tower and a $48 room with all the taxes and ups cost closer to $75....I would never pay the $135 on the weekend to stay here...Kids everywhere but what do you expect at the C

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Merced, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Were not able to get connecting rooms at the time. The front desk attendant went out of her way to make sure we were all together. Put our rooms across the hall which was just as good. The bar staff take care of you any hour of the day and the food is always excellent, especially breakfast at the cafe. Plan on returning soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed one night with family. We are not gamblers but had always heard that casinos are great spots for nice, yet cheap accommodations and food. We thought this place was ok. Not cheap, food was expensive. There seems to be lots going on but knowing when is a challenge.

Comfortable beds, clean room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was passing through Reno on a long 2 day drive and needed a place to spend the night. Checked online for room rates in the area and Circus Circus had one of the best rates available. Called and made my reservation, a very quick and easy process. I told them I would be arriving late and they told me no problem, my room would be reserved. On check in the staff was very friendly. My room was nice and clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. In the morning I used room service for my breakfast and they delivered my meal within the time frame given and the delivery girl was very friendly. I had intended just to sleep here and leave but I was actually a couple hrs ahead of schedule and I had noticed some info in the room about their players club card benefits. There were some good incentives for signing up (some free slot and table game play) so I decided to spend an hour or so in the casino. I was able to play for well over an hour just on my free chips/slot credits. When it was time to go I hadn't won, but left with no additional money out of my pocket. Not a bad deal at all. Front desk staff was very friendly at check out. Overall a great experience here. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HAYDEN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Visit Reno one to two time a year, have stayed at Circus several times, know what it is about. The price was great even adding in all the resort fees, what ever those are. However this time we were there was M to W and several areas of the shopping, eating, games areas shut down. New to me, may be common. Food prices seemed a lot higher than last time. Room was good, clean, everything worked, staff was good and helpful. Most likely will stay here again as location and price is always good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were hesitant to stay at Circus Circus after reading reviews, but once we checked in we knew we made the right choice. The front desk employee was extremely friendly and accommodating. We got into our room and loved our beautiful mountain views. My mother in law thought her mattress was too soft and called and asked if we could switch rooms to have a firmer matteress. Housekeeping was at our door within minutes withh a new mattress for her. The second night of our stay, my daughter (who has extremely sensitive skin) broke out in a rash. We notified the front desk and they said it happens because of the industrial strength laundry detergent they use. They treasure all the bedding in milder detergent and continued to do so for the rest our our stay (9 days total). The staff went above and beyond our expectations. The arcades kept the kids busy. We love Circus Circus! Can't beat their price and services!

• Stayed April 2013
California City, California, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was a bit worried about staying at Circus Circus after reading a few if the reviews. I'm happy to say that we had a nice weekend and found the staff to be fast, competent and professional. Our room was spotless and the bathroom was large, smelled of bleach and had nice fixtures and tile floor. We have stayed at The Silver Legacy and even though the rooms are a bit more updated, the set-up at Circus Circus is easier and the staff seem more competent. Each request we had, from a non-smoking room, certain section of the hotel, floor of our room, to a quick check-out was handled professionally by the staff. We will defiantly stay at Circus Circus again because of the ease we experienced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno? Share your experiences!