“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boise, Idaho
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Room was ok, average, pretty dated. We actually didn't sleep there because we ended up being comped what we thought was going to be a suite at the El Dorado, but turned out to be just another average room, maybe a little better than Circus Circus. I'm not sure what I would recommend instead as it seems that all of the hotels there are all about the same. This area of town is just kind of icky. We ventured away from the casino's and walked up to the UNR campus, which was nice and the Riverwalk area is nice too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Boise, Idaho, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went for a sporting event. And really enjoyed our stay at Circus Circus. The staff was friendly the service was somewhat slow at times. the environment was clean and seemed t o be family friendly. We enjoyed ourselves a immensly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rio Dell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just a little get a way for a couple of days the room was very nice the hotel staff very friendly. Steak house was very good. Would come here again and send our friends here also. It is very easy to go from this casino to silver legacy and el darado with out going outside. We had a good time and will be coming back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
McDermitt, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed the stay as usual the rooms were clean, The location is close to where I needed to go while I was there. The gaming staff were very friendly I had no problem getting my one card replaced the staff was very prompt

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oroville, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been coming for many years and Circus is the only place we stay and play, we do not drop any money any where else but at Circus they are like our family, we love each and everyone there.The steakhouse is wonderful but we do not like alacart,as it is to costly, when you spend thirty eight dollars for a steak it should come with a little veggie and potato and we can buy side salad. Ming is such a wonderful and professional waiter, he is a great asset to the steakhouse. The people are very friendly and call us by name where ever we go any where in Circus, they go out of their way to help us in any way they can.The cocktail girls are the best that we have ever found you have a great staff. The rooms are nice but some get internet better than others.Michelle Ellis is also such a wonderful asset as well as Kellie Nobbs and Shawna well she is the bomb.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am a little late in writing this review. lol I was in Reno the last 6 days of June 2012... I tend to stay at Circus Circus for the family atmosphere and the price.... over the years I have stayed at the other 2 connected properties also.... been going to Reno since 1984... Yes the downtown area has it's up's and downs due to the homeless and the abandoned buildings.... but it progresses to improve... I mostly go there for the National Bowling tournaments... but on this trip I went just for fun.... I arrived in the early evening, got a room on an upper floor and had a good meal and then later good sleep due to the upgraded bed improvements.... the view as always was great.... even if it were summertime... I prefer to see snow on the mountains... the check in staff were upbeat and great, as were all of the dealers, housekeeping, bar staff and cocktail wattress'.... I understand the economy has caused the property to have a few cutbacks.... I wish the buffet had been open... the hotel room , the casino, the public bathrooms, and walkways were always spotless.... the 2nd night there I hit a jackpot for over $1100 dollars....as usual I tipped the floor person giving me a hand payout and also the cocktail waittress.... they were smiling and happy at the size of the tips... they said it was too much.... but I said it felt good to share in the moment... I realize some patrons have had bad moments at Circus Circus over the years.... personally I have not had a bad trip , room, meal, and I try to go there each year once if not twice.... I enjoy the kids, families, sports teams in town for tournaments etc.... Circus Circus is not for everybody.... and yes it can be noisy at times.... but some times we all need a little happy noise in our lives....

Room Tip: personally I like a higher level floor.... cuts out on the families and the sports groups noise...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lathrop, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Nice place to stay specially if you have kids. Love their Pina Colada drinks in the casino area. They have nice personal working there all workers are very friendly and helpfull. the only thing about this place is that if there are kids running around in the hall way at night you can clearly hear them from your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno? Share your experiences!