“bad... bad...bad...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
seattle
“bad... bad...bad...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

chicken ok.... all else a big disapiontment.... wrong wrong wrong... not mexican at all. do not go trust me.... it is lousy at best. the taco, the beans, the salsa... all wrong.... for sure all wrong. do not got go unless ready for the failure. .......

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not what we're used to!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I always try to visit an El Pollo Loco whenever we are visiting a city that has one. We've been to several in California, Portland, and in Las Vegas, and this was probably one of the worst ones we've ever seen. This place was dirty, the food was dry, and cold, and the salsa bar had about a half of cup of salsa left in a bowl. Everything else was gone. The staff were all in the back talking and no one was cleaning or helping the 2 customers in the restaurant. If you are looking for good El Pollo Loco, avoid the one on Virginia Street, and go the newer location in Reno... It's much cleaner, friendlier, and the food tastes the way it's supposed to taste.

Visited July 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Good roast chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My family and friends love Pollo Loco because of its tasty and healthy roasted chicken. I say healthy because it's not fried unlike other in most fast food restaurants. You can choose to order dark meat (leg and thigh) or white meat (breast and wing). The chicken goes well with their Spanish Rice and tortillas although my mom prefers their Spanish Beans. I also love their cheesy pollo soup.

I was just quite disappointed with one of their staff. I think he's even a store supervisor based on his uniform. Unlike the more friendly staff at their counters, this guy raised his eyebrow when I told him that I requested for dark meat (but he served me white meat). He told me that I had to wait for 10 minutes, to which I told him that I was willing to wait. Nobody likes staff who don't smile and treat their guests with respect, whatever the establishment is.

Good thing they have delicious chicken. Otherwise, I won't keep coming back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
reno nv
“There are other El pollo loco's in Reno and Sparks but this is better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This one gives you feeling of over cleanliness and nice staff The tables are cleared the salsa bar has nothing spilled. The Reno El Pollo on on South Virginia across from the Park Lane Theater is not as clean and there are homeless people just inside the door asking for money The staff seems rushed and the El Pollo loco in Sparks is cleaner too Sometimes in the area off to the side just as you come in the door there are some odd people but they are eating so they paid I think it may be a problem for staff Their salsa area is clean and thier bathrooms as well as the bathrooms on Mc Carren ar clean It is a good idea for a family food place and healthy but it is a little more expensive then regular fast food I have to be wanting their food It isn't really an impulse buy type place. I do like it and the food is good but there "deal" menu can still add up. Overall I would say the three places are trying to please but Virginia St could get creative and maybe hire security for their parking lot Noone wants to eat in front of someone who is asking for money as you are already inside the door.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Tahoe
“Delicious Marinated Flame Broiled Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love the chicken breasts at El Pollo Loco. They are very tasty and they use nice meaty breasts. The food is always fresh and tastes good. Prices are cheap for the quality of the food. I like their 2-piece or 3-piece combination plates that come with two side orders of your choice. Service is generally very fast and the food is much healthier than fast-food competitors.

Been to El Pollo Loco? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Pollo Loco, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.