“Europe in Reno” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 781 Restaurants in Reno
Tel-Aviv
“Europe in Reno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The bakery reminds me a good pastry in Europe. The smell of freshly baked pastry, the design of the place, and the way they serve the coffee.
A great place for breakfast, or just a good cup of coffee with a good croissant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Longview, Texas, United States
“Old country flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I grew up in Chicago with the folks that immigrated to this country. They cooked the way they did in their home country, In all the restaurants I have tried, none has matched the old word goulash that I remember, till now. The goulash was spectacular. it brought back so many memories. We also had the white bean and chicken chili and it was good too. It is a small restaurant and half of it is an upscale bakery. My eyes had a feast. Each specialty was meticulously done. Truly a special treat with every bite. Not your typical pastry shop, very upscale.
This is on a major road, off the beaten track but well worth the drive. It is not hard to find and such a wonderful change of pace from the normal eating establishments. If you have not had Olde World foods, this is THE place to go.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Placerville, California
“Nice little spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This bakery has a good selection of baked goods and breakfast items. We had the almond croissants which we thought were very tasty. We also bought a selection of cookies that we enjoyed later in the day. Josef's is a nice little find away from the breakfast buffets at the large resorts. Lots of locals, which we find a good sign.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearwater, Florida
“Pretty, just not my cup of tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Spent about $13.00 on a few pastries (3, plus one cookie). Had almond croissant, lemon poppy something and bear claw. Flavors on these did not pop. Very pretty showcase and all things looked so good. I'm sure they use only the best quality ingredients, but I wasn't impressed. I had the cutest frog cookie, but it was very hard and not sweet at all. I think that their baked goods don't have enough filling for sweetness. Maybe I'm more of French pastry person. I did not try their cakes that looked so good. But for what I had just not to my taste - I want sweet in my pastry.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
placerville,ca
“Great Cafe and Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is now one of my favorite places to eat in Reno! Everything my husband and I ordered tasted great and was presented well. I had originally stopped here to get a pastry and coffee, but after seeing the lunch plates passing by us, both my husband and I ordered lunch. Still planned to get dessert after, and if it wasn't for the delicious cookie that came with lunch, I would have forced myself to eat one of their beautiful desserts because you can't leave there without having something sweet. The only reason I didn't was because the lunch was so filling, I couldn't possibly eat another thing! But we will definitely go back before leaving Reno and get dessert! It is located in a shopping center area but has lots of charm...outdoor seating also!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Josef's Vienna Bakery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Josef's Vienna Bakery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.