“I feel so at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Reno
So-Cal
“I feel so at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I am a Field Service for Medical Equipments and cover three sites we have in the Northern NV area. Two of which are in remote areas and require a minimum of 2 hours drive weather is good. If the roads are open I often would commute back and forth just so that I have a better rest...From the staff all the way to the owners...the best hospitality I have ever seen in any hotel. I am a constant traveller and away from home most of the time...and by far...I am so happy that I walked through there doors more than two years ago...Kudos to everyone @ Comfort Inn & Suites - Reno/Tahoe International Airport.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Charleston, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

1. First impression: two gentlemen behind desk with dress shirts and ties!
2. Comfort Inns now have comfortable rooms and beds but this one had some pluses: A towel ring on the vanity wall! No towel lying around in the way. Toilet Paper softer than the average. We used to take T.P to Europe, their paper was so bad. NOW we take it to hotels in the U.S.!!
3. Beds turned back so that we do not have to completely remake them to our liking AND we know the bedspreads can be washed along with the sheets.
4. What really made this hotel stand out, however, was the fact that they had cafeteria china and washable flatware for the breakfast meal and a server to pick them up. I often want to take the "Save the Planet" plaque from the bathrooms and put it among all the styrofoam and plastic utensils in the dining room. Most hotels want the GUESTS to save the planet while they themselves fill up landfills with plastic and foam. Bravo for Comfort Inn, Airport Reno NV!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very nice family owns and operates (helpful, friendly & courteous). Stayed two nights (Oct 7&8, 2010) to visit Tahoe - very reasonable rate. Room was large, clean and comfortable - had everything needed (frig, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, ironing board, etc.). Hotel provides free shuttle service to & from airport which is only .3 miles away. They also provide free shuttle service within 2 mile radius to restaurants and casinos (came in handy when we returned our rental car on evening before departure). Very good breakfast buffet. Would stay here again if in Reno.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I travel for business at least 3 days per week. My normal hotels have been the "Choice Branded" properties , but lately have really been disappointed in both the properties themselves, and more so, the service. When you are out on the road getting beat up, it's nice to have a smile and a "how can I be of service" attitude from the front desk. I have found it, finally! The front desk person, "Tonya" , greeted me, made sure I had the room I had requested, and gave me all types of information about the area, since it was my first time there. I know that sounds like the way it should be, but trust me, I could write for days about front desk personnel, and their "attitudes". The property itself is starting to show wear, the carpeting in the hallways is getting worn. I do like that the TV remotes have "Sleep Timers" on them, which is actually getting tough to find. I like that you can set the room temp with a thermostat. However, the main reason I would return would be on the hope that Tonya would be checking me in. From coast to coast, if I could give out the "front desk person of the year" award, it would definately go to her. If you have read this, and you go to this property, PLEASE tell Tonya that Mark said "HI"! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Made my reservation in person and the desk staff was very professional and accommodating with a great rate. When I returned for my stay, the room was spotless, the bed was great, and all ammenities were top-notch. The breakfast was varied and good (even eggs and sausage,) The shuttle to the airport was timely and couldn't be more convenient. Very impressed.

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

The room was clean but small, beds were probably the best thing here, very comfortable. We could never get the thermostat to work right it was wither too hot or too cold. I stayed here because of the reviews. I had three teens with me for a sports tournament. The breakfast was "exactly" the same everyday. Some type of artificial eggs(no one liked), sausage patty, waffles, small box cereals, extremely mini muffins, toast, and yogurts. The eating area were 6 very small four person seating area, way too small for this hotel when it is a full house. There was only one waffle iron so there was too many people to squeeze in for a waffle. The staff was nice and accommodating, middle eastern descent so sometimes hard to understand. It was close to everything and the elevator worked great. We stayed on the third floor so it was very quiet. The washing machines were little pricey but did a good job. Refrigerator in the room never got very cold so don't put any left over food in it. No swimming pool which was a bummer for teens.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

From the time we walked thru the automatic doors, until we checked out, this hotel was the best we stayed at during our nine day trip out west. Rooms were spotless, roomy and had every convenience. The staff went out of their way to help us. Didn't have time for the breakfast as we had to be at the airport by five a.m., but they did have coffee and juice ready at 4:00 a.m. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!