“Stay at the Airport Plaza” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stay at the Airport Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Room was very good, the staff were outstanding. The packets of coffee were weak at best, but the room was clean and warm. All the staff were super friendly.. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting security, and comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sally C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Looking forwarf to seeing you again in the near future!

Sally Cao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Coalville, Utah, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Easy access. Inexpensive rooms. Lots of parking. Thick walls that new hotels don't have. Staff is super nice. I didn't try the restaurant, but it looked good. Hit tub was nice, but the pool was closed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Incline Village, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I was going to give the hotel a very good rating but several issues got it a notch below. Since this an airport hotel many travelers stay here for early flights. Unfortunately for us and being on the second floor the people above us were up at 4:30 wearing combat boots and walking walking walking. Who knew a hotel room could be so big! Next the pillows were terribly big and hard. The last straw no shampoo in the toiletries. Normally I would have some but packed a large bottle in my check on luggage. Now the good stuff...large room and otherwise quiet, comfortable bed and nice linens. We had a great time in the bar the night before watching the Seahawks beat the Saints! And decided to have dinner there which was excellent. And Pam our bartender was really efficient and fun.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are really glad that you enjoyed the food here and had a great time in the Bar during your stay. Thank you for complimenting on our staff members! It is a very good encouragement for all staff members to deliver the superior customer service experience consistently!

Please accept my sincere apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have shared your comment with our entire team here and we are going to make the appropriate adjustment for the pillows, we will make sure toiletries are appropriatly in place in all guest rooms. You'll have a top floor room for all your future visits!

Thank you for your understanding and your patience we are looking forward to see you again!

Best Regards,

Minden, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

It has easy access to the freeway and the airport, I always stay here when I have an early flight out or arrive late in the evening since I live an hour south of Reno. Being able to leave my car is a plus when I am just going away for a long weekend. It is always clean and welcoming and I wouldn't consider staying anyplace else.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Sandra,

Thank you again for your business and see you next time!

Best Regards,

Sonora, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a Hotel with good location, easy to find, close to freeway and airport. I give it a three because I had a few issues. The bath/shower faucet in our room was almost impossible to use. I personally was unable to turn the water on. Room heater never really worked until I set it at 75 degrees and let run for a couple of hours.
I also missed the complimentary breakfast offered by most Best Western's. My fault for not researching hotel better.
This is a pet friendly hotel, although I had to pay extra when I arrived, pet rooms were already filled. Nice area to work dog. Felt comfortable staying here.
With a little maintenance this Hotel would be a four star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking pool area. I just liked the view..nicer that a parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us!
Please accept my sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have re-vamped our entire maintenance team a couple months ago and we are working to fix any maintenance issues room by room. Thank you for your understanding and we would love to have you and your pet come stay with us again!

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I arrive with Grandson (baby) I tell receptionist that 'My boyfriend paid for my room online. It should be under _ and paid for by _." She says, "we are upgrading you" I ask why, and she says, "bc you have a baby with you" I said that the baby isn't staying, I was visiting and had baby for a bit. She said, "baby is with you, so we are upgrading", I say again! the baby isn't 'staying with me, as I said, he Is Not staying the night, only a few minutes, daughter will be here shortly. I can't carry everything in alone' duh! She asked me if I was sure. Is this any way to treat a guest? I remind her that the room is already paid for by BF. She asks for my I.D. and a debit/credit card. What does she do? She charges me for the room that is already paid for!! Not only was it already paid for..$59.99, she charges me $117.99 for an upgrade because I have a baby with me. WTF? Is she totally stupid or what? I insists on the supervisor, he reverses the charges and she can't find BF confirmation. The supervisor takes a look and what do you know?, right there. Horrible...her first name starts with a J.
I wasn't given directions to my room, told about breakfast, spa, or pool. Just handed the key and had to ask about the directions to my room.
Later I go to eat, the dining Restaurant closes at noon on Sundays, that's fine. I go to bar to purchase a little something. While waiting for food I win at the slots. The bar tender (female) pays me out, I am looking through my purse to find a couple of singles to give her, (I won $20 or so) and as I'm looking to find her a tip; she walks off saying, 'so disappointing these people' or something like this. How rude! I stopped looking for her tip...she didn't deserve one.
The shuttle driver to airport the next morning was a Very Nice, but he was the only employee that treated the customers like they should be treated.
Room is clean, but the I couldn't get the remote to work, when Daughter figured it out, we couldn't get the t.v. shows to come up...could only watch pay for movies. So when Daughter and Grandson LEFT, I just took a shower and went to bed.
I won't stay here again. It was suppose to be relaxing but turned out to be annoying.

Dear Melody,

It was nice talking to you over the phone back in November 2013.
An appropriate coaching and consuling was addressed to the Front Desk Agent.
But after invesagating into the Bar tender's incident, we have found out that was a big misunderstanding. You were in the Bar on a Sunday night during the Football games, the Bar Tender was actually talking about the football. But however we still spoke to her just to avoid any future misunderstanding with other guests.
According to our phone conversation, a gift voucher for apologize from both the owner and myself was sent out to your address on 11/23/2013. Hopefully it finds you well.
Thank you for willing to stay with us again and please feel free to contact me for any future assistance.

Wish you all the best!

carson city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Station Restaurant is excellent, great variety on the menu and very good prices. They have a band every Friday and Saturday night also. The location is great it is walking distance to down town and the local shops.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!