“great visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Issaquah, Washington
“great visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. I was a bit concerned about making a reservation here again because of all the recent negative reviews, but decided to give it a try anyway since we have always enjoyed staying here.
We were not disappointed. We found the front desk check in easy and the employees very friendly and informative. We always stay downstairs in the pet friendly rooms and I must say they were very clean and in great shape. They do not charge a pet fee here and we appreciate that.
The rooms have clean bathrooms, a frig, large screen TV and all the comforts we require when we travel. Its easy to find right off the freeway and across the street from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TAHOEAL

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Unbelievable comfort and value for an early flight out of Reno. 24 hour shuttle service. Super clean. Couldn't have been more surprised and pleased with this budget hotel. Will definitely stay here again recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at Best Western in Reno with our Lab Lizzie for one night. We asked for a ground floor room (which we got) but that is where the positive experiences ended. All the dog friendly rooms are by the freeway and are noisy. The sliding glass doors to the outside are single pane and in February that means a very cold room. With a single thin blanket that also means the heater needs to run most of the time. But the heaters are so old that when they come on the noise wakes you up off and on in the middle of the night. I guess at 2 am I should have gone down to the lobby in my PJ's and asked for a few extra blankets but I didn't. Sleep deprived in the morning I was only looking forward to a hot shower. Oh my, the shower was broken and any water was not to be had. We just wanted to leave at that point. When we told the poor soul at the counter of our dilemma all he cold manage was to say we should have told them of our problems (at 2 am?). He had all sorts of excuses when we asked why the broken shower wasn't noticed and how was the tub cleaned if the water didn't work? This is a property in dire need of upgrades and a staff that is proactive instead of defensive. We will not be staying with them again.

Room Tip: If you travel with your dog you will be a second class citizen and get the oldest rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank cynbass
Redwood City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I ha e stayed here 3-4 times over the years and rented conference space . Was not impressed with the conference rooms which rented and thought the hotel rooms were ok .
Upon my check in I noticed the the room was very old and had faded dated carpet . The beds were poor and the room did not smell clean .

I requested another room and got told they were booked .

Could not get the shaker working right the next morning . Planned on staying for a week to look for more conference space .

Went over to the grand Seirra , booked a week of conference space and they drove me over to the best western to help me check out AND move all my gear !!!!

I tried to talk to a manger but none Ava

I heard from the other hotel that lots of people move over there since they have a ton of issues .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Ammo68
Gardnerville, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel both for business and pleasure in the past and it WAS a good value for the price. However I made the mistake of not booking directly with them and was charged $50 extra for parking our car there without prior notce or warning. My letter to the manager was simply ignored. This is a warning for others. We will either find another hotel with similiar service or just get up extra early for those early am flights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Airport Plaza in Reno about 18 times in the past 2 years under a contract that i had no control over. The staff are always very nice and helpful, including the front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, and the shuttle driver. However, the place is in serious need of remodeling. I LITERALLY put my foot through the bathtub once when i was showering. They had apparently tried to patch the tub with a tacky no-slip sheet. Lucky I didn't cut my foot, but the smell that came back out of the hole was atrocious -- moldy mildewy yuck! The staff were quick to put me in a different room and they apologized. I blame the owners, not the employees.

Another time my curtains (first floor!!!) wouldn't close. Many times the air conditioner doesn't cool the room in the hot summer. Sorry -- i hate writing negative reviews (this is my first one). but in this case i hope to save travelers a lot of money on a bad room and maybe wake up the management / owner of this property to put in the investment to remodel and bring this hotel up to the normal standards for a Best Western.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay at this hotel, at least get an upstairs room. That way, when your curtains won'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business