“Nice place away from downtown.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Vacaville
“Nice place away from downtown.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We earned a free night by staying at Best Westerns several nights on a long trip, and this was truly a free night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were put on the top floor, and it was very quiet. I heard two planes while awake and none disrupted my sleep. The air conditioner was a bit noisy, but we turned it off and were ok. The bed was comfortable, and the room was large. The shower appeared to be backward with the hot on the right and cold on the left, but we figured it out and were ok. It is a very large complex, and has a restaurant and conference room. We ate breakfast there, and it was very good, and very inexpensive. Two wings we walked through were non-smoking, our room was non-smoking, and it smelled very nice. They offer long term parking for guests that are flying out of Reno. We went to a show at the El Dorado Casino, and getting there was very easy and didn't take long. Very nice stay over-all.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

South Lake Tahoe, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a 6:30AM flight out, and this was the only less expensive hotel I could find with a 24 hour shuttle. Even if there was no shuttle, it is literally across the street from the airport, and we could have walked there. The shuttle has no time schedule, and is "on demand" so we waited about 5-10 minutes for it. It was very convenient. We paid about $96 for the 2 queen room, and it was very clean, but needs updating. I would stay there again just for the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this Inn for a job oriented training class. The cost was $100 a night which was a little on the high end for me but what do I care it was paid for by my company. I was surprised by this place. It has a sports bar that serves food and on the other side it has a nice restaurant. There's a lounge area outside with a fire pit. The rooms were very clean and had excellent mattresses. There conference room was right above the front desk lobby for easy access and the restaurant was right below it for lunch break. This place has it all.

• Stayed September 2012
Conroe, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I think the hotel is in line for some updates. Our room was clean. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room. We used the hot tub which was nice, but the pool water was too cold for me. Beds were good but I didn't care too much for the pillows. The a/c was kind of loud, so we never heard any airplanes. The staff we encounted were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great hotel to bring your pet too. Labor Day weekend and most hotels wanted nothing to do with a large dog. Not an issue with the Airport Plaza. Great food in the cafe and a very good bar with daily specials.

Litterally next to the airport and highway 395 for ease of getting around town.

Did I mention--great weather too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Greatplacesnv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I usually do not complain because my expectations are low when I book a budget hotel but I do expect certain things. The room was clean, it had a funny smell(the hotel itself smelled musty), nothing fancy(as expected), but I do expect the room to have towels when I check in. We didn't have any towels at all, not even hand towels. We called down to have them bring us towels, they stated that they would be brought up. We headed out for a couple of hours and I assumed by the time we got back that we would have towels. NOPE, this was now 2am, we called down and was told that they would not be able to get us towels till 8am when housekeeping came in. Not Good!
The other problem was when you are taking a shower be aware that the water temperature fluctuates. It well be fine then it will become very hot then cold. The very hot water caught me by surprise. Again not good for a hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Izzy1770
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

It really starts the stay off right when the person checking you in is very helpful and friendly. All the staff was very pleasant to work with. Stayed here for 4 nights in Aug 2012 for business. Parking was a bit dicey (they have long term parking as well as parking for guests so make sure that you get a parking permit or your vehicle could get booted) but I always seemed to find a space near my room.

My experience is specific to room 307. Room was very clean and spacious with the usual amenities including a micro-fridge. WiFi was VERY fast and the TV had a large selection of free and pay viewing options.

Restaurant offered a small variety of items (fairly limited menu) at typical prices for the Reno area.

No problems finding the hotel and it is a short drive to downtown or the convention center (where I was at).

The reasons for a 4 star rating (versus a 5 star): beds are not triple sheeted, no free/discounted breakfast, CRT TV instead of a LED/LCD TV, and some of the electrical sockets in my room really needed some repairs (especially the one by the recliner).

I would stay here again if I am ever in Reno.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd (top) floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business