“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Toronto, Canada
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staff is friendly and courteous. Room conditions are very good and generally very quiet surroundings. Breakfast is quick and very good for price. Hotel is only a five minute drive south of the Reno/Tahoe airport. Lake Tahoe is 25 minutes away. 5 minute drive to the Casino strip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Melissa R, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts from your resent stay with us. From all of us at HGI Reno, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice accomodations. Clean room. The bed was a little bit hard but comfortable. New hotel, centrally located. Fitness room, nice breakfast. Clean and helpful staff. I had problems connecting to VPN through their internet, but other than that a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for taking time to write about your resent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we agree we this hotel is very centrally located. Just a tip: Be sure to review the bed adjustment directions as you can adjust firmness to your individual preference. Love the feedback; thanks again.
Best regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here in September 2013. The hotel itself is a very average Garden Inn. The staff seemed friendly, but unable to really assist with issues. My main concern was with the air conditioning/heating unit in my room. The thermostat was completely out of whack - it was very cool in my room when I checked in, but the thermostat said the room temperature was 87 degrees. No matter what I did I couldn't get the heat to come on because the thermostat said it was 87 degrees in the room. I froze the first night (the room was probably in the low 60s; in the 30s outside). I reported the problem to the front desk when I left in the morning, and they said they would have it fixed - Not. Upon arriving back in the evening with the same problem, I called the front desk and they sent someone up. He spent about 10 minutes working on the unit, but said there was nothing he could do but reset it (which didn't help). He did state on his way out that some rooms have bad thermostats and mine must have been one of them. The front desk in an effort to make it better, did offer additional blankets. After two nights of bad sleep, I checked out early and found a better hotel. I travel to Reno frequently, and there are better and more consistent hotels in the area. On the upside, the location isn't bad - near several stores, restaurants, and easy access to highway.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the outside dumpster (back of the hotel, near the lake). They roll the trash out i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your resent stay with us. We're so glad to hear that you found our location to be desirable! Clearly, we hate to hear of the disappointments you experienced and I sincerely apologize. I have passed your comments along to our GM and Engineering team in an effort to better our hotel for the future. If you are returning to the Reno area I would love for you to email me directly at melissa.riley@hilton.com. We would appreciate having the opportunity to make your next stay with us a great one.

Thanks again for your review.
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Clean and attractive property and effective check-in but disappointed in advertisement of FREE airport shuttle service that ended up costing me $10 (not quite free) on necessitated tax trip to hotel. The trip back to airport was FREE and expeditious. Management needs to take a look at offering the service until 8pm at least - even on weekends. The property is about 6 years old and is in great shape. Elevators are a good distance from front desk - only poor design feature of the facility.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Melissa R, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I'm sorry you had to take a taxi from the airport to our hotel ($10.00 for a taxi ride is far from free!)

We absolutely offer FREE shuttle service to and from the Reno/Tahoe International Airport (even free airport shuttle on the weekends).

We want like the opportunity to make this right for you.
Would you mind contacting me off-line at melissa.riley@hilton.com or 775-850-9700 so we can discuss options in further detail?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Director of Sales
Hilton Garden Inn Reno
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at the Reno Hilton looking for a place I can stay 4-6 times a month for work and quarterly hold classes. I stayed there once was not greeted or given water for being a Hilton honors member even though they knew I was. They also charged my credit card when my company's card should have been charged and were not pro active. the sales manager was not timely about getting me rates and made it very uncomfortable when I came back. Katie did nothing to support me as a customer only defended her team.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Katie H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us. I apologize for any discomfort you might have felt during your stay. Your feedback will be taken back to my team and used as a training tool to improve our customer service. It is always important to us to hear the valuable information from our guests so that we may learn how to better ourselves. Thank you again and have a great week.
Daly City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at a Hilton Garden Inn in 16 months and again I must say each one has been a pleasure. I am a bowler and it is important to have extreme comfort as I travel all hours to many states. Some times you just want to drop your bags inside the door and the rooms make you feel like you never left home. Cozy and comfy each time. The beds are very nice, the free wifi is easily accessible and there is a nice variety of programs on the tv's. I will be booking another Hilton Garden Inn room for my next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Melissa R, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your "Must Stay" review of HGI Reno. We enjoy hearing from our guests! I'm glad you enjoy our beds and feel like you never left home when you're with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Roseville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel provide with wonderful rooms, clean, new, perfect!!! The staff is friendly, professional and care about the guests. They even sent a beautiful tray with wonderful treats to our meetings at the company:)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Melissa R, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are glad you had a great stay with us!
Look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Reno.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Reno? Share your experiences!