“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9920 Double R Blvd, Reno, NV 89521   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is in a very good position for both Reno and Lake Tahoe . The lady on the front desk,I believe her name is Malari,, was so helpful and friendly. She convinced us that we would be better staying there 6 miles from the Reno Arch than going on into downtown Reno itself.We made the right decision
The rooms were of a good size and the breakfast well served.
An excellent hotel for service cleanliness and position

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I agree that we are in a great location for Reno and Tahoe. It is less than an hour to some beaches in Tahoe so we have a lot of guests that travel there for the day.
Thank you for your wonderful response! Malari does a truly awesome job for us and I will share you response with the whole team. Have a great week:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had high hopes for this stay and was sorely disappointed!!!

As a hhonors member HGI is supposed to have room availability for a confirmed stay ready by 3 pm on the day of the arrival. This is the hhonors guarantee. I arrived about an hour early and was told to come back at 3 pm with the understanding my room would be ready. I stretched it out till 3:30, returned and the room was not ready. I was told to give it 20 more minutes. I gave it 30 minutes and finally got into the room. I'll preface this by stating that I was extremely tired on the day of arrival.

The next day I leave the room around 10 am and see housekeeping on the hall. I return to the room later that evening to discover that the room had not been cleaned. There was no sign of the door when I left 'declining room service' so I couldn't understand how this was missed given that housekeeping was still on the floor when I left. I discussed with the on duty agent, Jessica, who by the way was very helpful, horrified and understanding.

The next morning I leave the hotel around 11 am. This time there is no housekeeping on the floor which is curious but perhaps they start later on the weekend. I arrive back at the room around 4 pm because I'd forgotten an item. I discover that once again the room has not been cleaned. Fortunately, I locate a housekeeping staff member and question them directly. She was helpful and took me to the person responsible for cleaning the rooms on my floor. She agrees to come up to the room and clean it. I follow-up with a visit to the front desk to ensure that the cleaning occurs. It's then that I notice the sign that says, in effect, that if you are dissatisfied with your stay let us know and we will reimburse you. I mention these words, my dissatisfaction, specifically to the 'assistant manager' (I believe) who unlike Jessica, does not apologize but rather suggests that they would have gotten to my room eventually even though I found the housekeeping person responsible for my floor on the floor below. Note he never addressed the fact that no cleaning occurred at all the day before. I can only wonder what I would have returned to if I had not happened to stop by to pick up that item.

That said all of my consternation during this trip stemmed from poor or rather lack of timely housekeeping. I was disappointed that HGI did not honor their dissatisfaction pledge and reimburse me the money for my stay.

I do not recommend this establishment at least not until they work out the housekeeping issues (staffing, work ethic or whatever...).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This property is typical of Hilton Garden Inns. It is fairly new and has all the amenities you would expect. Free WiFi, nice rooms with excellent beds, business center with computers, printers and copy machine which are available at no charge. Staff was friendly and competent. Breakfast available from 6am to 10am and is a combination buffet and cooked to order for the hot items. The hotel is located about 8 miles South of downtown just off the Interstate in a nice, newer area which is a plus since downtown (including the casinos) is pretty much a slum these days. There are a couple of newer casinos within a couple miles of the hotel. I would stay here again if I was going to be in Reno. Lake Tahoe is about a 35 to 40 minute drive from the hotel. Virginia City is just about 10 minutes down the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Reno. Found this hotel to be nice. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the Atlantis. It is conveniently located near a nice shopping center with a McDonald's, grocery store, Starbucks, Taco Bell and a fabulous breakfast place called Pegs Glorified Ham and Eggs. The bed was comfortable as we're the pillows. Loved the showerhead also....nice stream of water. Hate the ones that are a trickle or a hard single stream of water. We asked for a few additional pillows and they were delivered within 5 minutes of our phone call. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Staff asked us if we wanted to be close or far from the elevators. We said far and got a room at th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Last minute business trip and arrived very late in the evening (1:30am). Staff was friendly upon arrival and was easy to chat with. Check out was quick and easy and provided information on directions to a local bank. Room was clean and plenty of towels in the bath. Really enjoyed the stay even though it was very short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Of all the Hilton Garden Inn's I have stayed in this my absolute favorite. I have stayed here many times over the last several years and I have never had a bad stay or even a problem. Not once. The staff is the biggest reason. The are always super. They know their product and they get you in and out flawlessly. The room is clean and ready as you would want it to be and the restaurant is good too. I have stayed in some of the big casino hotels in Reno but I always prefer this Garden Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Katie H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We truly enjoy taking care of our guests and are glad that you are one of them:)
Manteca, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Reno is a good facility for those that do not need to be downtown. It is in a quite neighborhood near to I589/395. It is a modern facility with nice rooms. The amenities of an exercise room, indoor pool, washer and driers and restaurant make it a complete facility for a stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We believe we are in a great location in Reno and love the fact that are guests enjoy it too!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Reno? Share your experiences!