“A trifecta of Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 65 hotels in Reno
San Rafael, California
“A trifecta of Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in October and would definitely return. The staff was super friendly at all times. The hotel was packed with election campaigners, but they were always courteous and friendly - at breakfast and at the front desk. My room was clean and comfy. Starbucks across the street was a bonus!

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

They are between a 3 and 4 star place. The hotel itself is physically nice. One night and one breakfast, they had a campaign bus (is there nothing politics doesn't ruin? :| but I digress...) stay with them, and the public areas were completely unable to deal with the rush. I skipped out at those times....fortunately, there were enough options within walking distance so it really wasn't an impact. A couple times at breakfast, I didn't even get my morning Dr Pepper....granted, I am usually in and out of the restaurant pretty quickly, but not *that* quick.

Hotel is pretty far south of the airport and I-80 interchange, but it's a nice corner of town, if a little 'sprawly.' The bed was the usual 'pick-your-firmness' found in all Garden Inns, which is nice. The shower was hot, with decent pressure. I'd stay here again, but would also look at other places around. Facilities are really nice, but I can't quite justify a 4-star for them.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 3 to 4 days per week for a year, on business trips, and always superior and superb service and quality and value. Very highly recommend! The single best element was the staff - excellent personalities and attitude and commitment to superior customer service and satisfaction. Very highly recommend.

Room Tip: We prefer upper floor on the back side of the building, is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Placerville, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Mom and I stayed in the Hilton while in Reno for my Niece's wedding. We stayed two nights in a room with two queen beds. The room was great, comfortable beds and nice hot shower. We also appreciated the small refrigerator and the coffee maker in the room. We did have big problems with the breakfast downstairs. Our first morning on site was a Sunday and the "dining" area was packed with what turned out to be members of the Republican party there to canvas the neighborhoods surrounding the hotel - far more people than the small area could hold. The staff at the breakfast room were completely overwhelmed and couldn't keep up with the guests requests...my mother never did get any coffee and we had to go behind the counter to pick up clean silverware. The additional insult was that we were charged $9.95 each for our breakfast - mom had a bowl of cereal and orange juice (she had to serve herself) and my breakfast consisted of a bagel and coffee that I had to pour myself. The wait staff were surly and seemed to vanish into thin air once we asked for coffee or even silverware. When we asked at the front desk for vouchers for the breakfast next day, the staff told us we were not eligible because we hadn't purchased the right room package. Ultimately, the room was exactly what we needed, but the service and pricing of the breakfast had us leaving with a completely unsatisfied feeling. If you go, head out to a restaurant for breakfast and skip the hassle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Katie H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reno, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our Hilton Garden Inn, Reno. I sincerely apologize that our breakfast was not the quality and price you expected and we are taking your recommendation to improve our provided breakfast and service. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. On a more positive note, I am so grateful that you had a wonderful experience with your room, and were comfortable with the beds and room amenities. We hope that your poor breakfast experience will not deter you from coming to stay with us in the future. Thank you again.
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A group of us stayed over the weekend in October. We agreed on two things: The hotel is a fine place to stay. Clean and spacious with attentive, friendly staff. We all would stay there again. However, we would go out to eat breakfast. Their $10 breakfast is disappointingly similar to the free breakfasts you get in many other hotel chains.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Monrovia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had to go to Reno this week for a meeting at the Sierra Grand Casino. My work group decided to stay elsewhere - not at the casino. It was a great decision. Rates at the Hilton Garden Inn were in the $90 range, including a free breakfast with daily $9.95 vouchers, which included made-to-order eggs (and egg whites) any way, pancakes, and even breakfast burritos (which were mentioned only on our 5th morning)

This was a business meeting, so I was gone from 7:30am to 10:00pm all week. I was so happy to be in a smoke free lobby and quiet hotel after meeting at a casino. I was happy to see cookies for guests in the evening. I never made it to the hotel for happy hour, but they have a full bar and restaurant. I loved the breakfast choices - I had yogurt and fruit every morning, with a made-to-order omelette.

Room had free wiifi (for Hilton Rewards members, so join!!). It was a bit slow at times.

The sheets and covers were super comfy and luxurious, room cleaned and restocked each day (unlike what I heart from the people who stayed at the casino. Also unlike a casino, refridge, microwave, coffee/tea.

We stayed because we were all Hilton club members, and glad we did.

I asked and they have s free shuttle to/from airport. This can save you $20 taxi. My hotel shuttle driver was also a music DJ and regaled me with songs that had to do with my conference (planetary science). That definitely set off my week in Reno on a great note!

If you hire a cabbie, ask him great places to eat. I did, and got a great recommendation for ... my next review, so check that one out too!

Room Tip: There are only 5 floors, I requested 5th, nice views. Call hotel for a free shuttle from airport. Ot...
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I needed a place to stay the night in Reno. I wanted to avoid downtown casinos hotels. This is a bit off of 80 but IMHO, worth the drive.
While this isnt a 5* hotel, I still rate it as Excellent. The front desk staff was very friendly and made sure everything was OK. If you have stayed at HGI before you shouldnt find any surprises here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Reno? Share your experiences!