“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 hotels in Reno
Caldwell, Idaho
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

the hotel is located close to 395 with easy access to down town if you wanted partake. The hotel is like all Hampton's I have stayed in - very clean, quite, and relaxing. I will stay there again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is .... a Hampton Inn; presumably you know what those look like (for int'l travelers - basic accomodation plus decent furniture and free breakfast). This is a clean, well-kept property in a very convenient location -- and near a bunch of other options.

The hotel is never going to be mistaken as having any personality (at all), but if business takes you nearby it's a fine option. I especially prefer having an easy parking situation, peace and quiet, and functional in-room internet as opposed to staying in one of the casinos.

Price on this property is usually very reasonable, and there are a bunch of nearby options (including a 24 hour WinCo foods grocery store, fast food, restaurants).

Nothing special here, but also nothing is *wrong,* which is great -- no surprises.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hadley, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

If your on a business trip or need a very good place to stay the night for a good price, this is the place for you. If you or your company need a place to go for the night cant go wrong here. I have stayed in at least 3 different Hampton properties and I was never disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want no excess noise stay away from the area near the elevators, not much they can do about t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location has a fantastic view of the mountain. It is very clean and surprisingly quiet for as busy as it was. Parking is very convenient. Access to the hotel is tucked back in a corporate industrial park but has easy access out to the highway. Just ten minutes from the airport is a nice convenience. The breakfast area is spacious and clean with plenty of options for whatever you wish to have to start your day.

Room Tip: When exiting your room. Dont rely on your room door locking automatically behind you. Many times the...
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here during the Christmas of 2012. I made the reservation several months back just to make sure that we will get the rooms we like. I reserved 2 rooms with 2 double queen beds and a sofa bed. On our way to Reno, I called to inform the hotel that we are still coming and that there is blizzard going on and we will be checking in late. The attendant said that the rooms will be available when we come in. But when we were checking in, I was told that only 1 suit room is available and gave us another room with just 2 queen bed. I was upset because I just called 4 hours ago and I was informed that the room was ready. I was so tired and just needed to rest so I let it pass. We got the 2 double queen with a sofa bed. The hotel is close to Mt Rose, about 10 miles ( the reason I got this hotel) and to downtown Reno about 20 min drive. The hotel is well maintained and the room smells fresh. There is a fridge and coffee maker in the room. The queen beds are fine but the sofa-pull out bed needs to be changed or repaired. The foam cushion is thin and you can feel the metal springs but worse, the head part is higher than the foot part so that you will be lying in an angle. Very uncomfortable. I requested to be transferred to another room but the front desk told me that all their sofa beds are the same and this has been a problem for some time. I'm wondering why this is not being addressed when the main reason why I got this suite room is to have a third bed. So my niece ended up sleeping on the floor. The next day, they gave us a roll-up bed which is better. There is free breakfast but you need to head down early as there is only one waffle maker that works and one bread toaster, the line to the waffle maker gets long pretty easily. There is only one lady attendant at the kitchen and she is obviously overwhelmed by the weekend crowd. There is a free grab bag with muffins and fruit at the reception counter if you're in a hurry and can't wait for your toast. Overall, this hotel is very decent and clean. It just needs some attention in some areas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Nice stay every time. First of all, I travel often and prefer staying at Hampton Inns.

Like most Hampton's this location is very clean and comfortable but the staff is what is truly special. I was blown away during my second stay (separated by several months) and somehow Leo Martinez (managing the front desk) recognized me and offered a friendly "welcome back".

It seems the hospitality industry is loaded with employees intent on clocking in and clocking out. Leo is an exception to that rule....this location is fortunate to be represented by an employee like Leo that is helpful, genuine, and willing to go the extra mile for a guest.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel often for business to the Reno area. In the past I would stay at one of the hotel casinos. Id have to say after my recent trip to Reno, I was definitely settling for what I considered a "one stop convenient stay".

A friend of mine recommended the Hampton Inn. I just recently traveled to Reno and decided to give the Hampton a try. In one word id have to say WOW!

The Staff made the difference. Upon checking in the staff was very welcoming. I was introduced to the General Manager Joaquin, very nice gentleman his generosity to help was very genuine. Very professional but comfortable atmosphere. The hotel was clean, housekeeping was excellent.

The Shuttle service was outstanding and very convenient. Hotel is about 10min from the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reno? Share your experiences!