“Great Place !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Susanville, California, United States
“Great Place !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great staff, clean rooms, great breakfast, close to a lot of things to do in Reno.
Would definitely recommend my friends to stay there. This was a great location, freeway is nearby for easy access. The room was quiet and clean very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: The room I was in had a great view of the Eastside of Reno
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a 6 day reservation, my plans changed and needed to check after 3 days. I checked out at 3 pm and the front desk did not charge me an extra day. That went above and beyond in my mind and was unexpected. The hotel was clean, housekeeping was excellent. A great place to stay. I will stay there again when in Reno.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dixon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This Hampton Inn was perfectly located to your Thanksgiving destination. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast before heading out for the day. The staff was polite and helpful when needed. We won't hesitate staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
modesto california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I booked a room by calling the toll free number. I was very specific about the need for a seperate living room from the bedroom. (I took my elderly mom to Reno and her oxygen machine and sleeping habits make it impossible to sleep in the same room. When I approached the front desk at the hotel, they were nice enough but they were unwilling to fix the issue. They have a sign that says something to the effect that if we are unhappy, we get our money back. After my sleepless night, I saw a 50 dollar charge to my credit card. I had already paid in full with cash. The hotel had promised that there would be no charge to my card. When I called about the charge, the manager said it wasn't really a charge but a "hold" I told him that I was promised there would be no charge to my card. He was nice enough too-- but it didn't seem to matter. He told me the charges would be released within 5 days.. As of two weeks, $25 is still owed to me by the company. The manager told me that for my "money back", I would have to go through corporate since I called the 800 number for the reservation. When I called corporate, they had me go through the story but said I couldn't get my money back. Bottom line, Corporate blames the franchisee and the franchisee blames corporate. Promises are hollow if no one takes responsibility. PLEASE NEVER USE THIS HOTEL. .... unless you want unfulfilled promises, a lousy breakfast (another story) and a management team that, although polite, just give lip service to their promises. WHERE IS THE 25 DOLLARS I AM STILL OWED THAT IS STILL ON HOLD FOR A ROOM THAT WAS FULLY PAID FOR IN CASH? This isn't about money for me. I don't need the $100 bucks the room cost. It is about integrity.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RenoHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reno, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. Our goal is to always provide the most comfortable stay for guests and I regret we did not provide that for you. Please reach out with your HHonors or confirmation number for further assistance with your billing issue as I’d like to ensure this is resolved for you. Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Location in a business area and hotel caters to the Monday-Friday business people. There is no van service on weekends to airport. We had to pay $26 taxi fee to go pick up our rental car. It is in their website about no weekend service but did not notice this. Also, no fresh cookies in the evenings on weekends. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options and was good. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This Hampton lives up to its brand identity. Located in a professional office park south of town, the hotel is freeway convenient to both Reno and Carson City. The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well appointed. I don't think I've seen a housekeeping staff that worked harder on doors, windows, elevators, as well as the lobby and other public areas. This is a great place for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Herriman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here one night while traveling to San Francisco. It had two queen beds and a fold out for my family of six. It was clean and comfortable and was what I needed.

It is a newer hotel so it has plenty of plugs for my 100+ devices to charge. It even had a USB charger!

The location worked for me even though it seemed a little off the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reno? Share your experiences!