“Christmas morning breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Cincinnati Ohio
“Christmas morning breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Christmas morning 2013 in Reno, Nevada and breakfast options were limited. Fortunately, because Mel's Diner is associated with the Sands was open. What a charming innovative place. Having grown up in the era, it was easy to pick out highlights of my youth. I loved it.

We were greeted promptly and seated quickly. The service by a waitress originating from Mobile, Alabama was so appropriate. She was friendly, helpful, talkative, and knowledgeable. We ordered our food which was served quickly, hot, and tasty. There's so much food, you may want to split an order.

The menu was diverse and interesting and I'd love to try some of the other selections such as the traditional Monte Cristo.

I will certainly re-visit Mel's Diner over the next few days----even though "Flo" is not there to say, "Kiss my Grits"

• Visited December 2013

62% Recommend
Goodsprings, Nevada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really like the breakfast with Mel's potatos.The price was fair with good service.I would eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mountain Home, Idaho
“mel diners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

will go back there again. The food and the service was excellent for being so busy, Reminds you of the Mel's diner on tv or an old 50ish resturant

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great customer service, Fast, Efficient, Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Sands and ate here every morning for brunch. The place was packed each time, but it took us no more than 5-10 minutes to be seated. The food came out within 15 minutes each time and it was always well prepared. Everybody is friendly and the food is affordable. This place has a fun 50's theme to it and is very good for families with small children. The milkshakes are delicious and I really enjoyed the chicken fingers. While this is by no means a fancy upscale place, it certainly was great for our long weekend in Reno.

• Visited August 2013
Baldwin Park, California
“The only good place to eat in the Sands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I ate here twice and had good experiences both times. It's a fun little diner. For breakfast by french toast came to me cold but the order was corrected immediately and they gave me a full order of the french toast.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mel's Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mel's Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.