“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 137 things to do in Reno
Miami, Florida
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great rooms and restaurants. Amazing views of Reno and the surrounding mountains. 5 minutes from the airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Las Vegas
39 attraction reviews
“Driving Range-6 water islands to shoot at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is the best $10 you can spend to hit 85 golf balls out to 6 island landings. If you do not have your clubs with you, $3 for 3 clubs.

This was a blast to share with my daughter and to see how to control your short or long game into the large pool of water that houses the 6 islands.

Great fun and well worth the money and time with my daughter.

Visited March 2014
Oakdale, California
8 attraction reviews
“DO NOT see a show here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I went to see Rob Schneider at the GSR on Feb 15. The concert venue is beautiful, I'll give it that. However, the seating is rediculous! You have the choice between a booth or table seating. Booth seating was sold out, so we went with the table. HUGE mistake!

The "tables" are about four feet long and they crowd six people around them. Then, they place the tables about 2.5 feet apart. So, you are literally squished in to the seating area. The guy sitting at the table next to us went to put his arm around his wife and hit my shoulder. My husband had to move his chair in to the walkway. A lady at our table had to get up and leave because she was having leg cramps.There was literally no room. Even the comedians were making jokes about how bad the seating was and referred to the audience as sardines more than once.

We paid good money for those tickets and we both left angry. It was incredibly uncomfortable which made the show unenjoyable. As for the casino, we never saw a single cocktail wiatress, and we both played the poker machienes for over an hour. I don't mean we didn't get served a drink, I mean we did not see a single cocktail waitress while we were playing. We stayed at the Silver Legacy and the cocktail waitresses were everywhere and they were quick. The drinks were alot better, too.

I understand that GSR is supposed to be the high class casino with a younger crowd, but their service sucks, plain and simple. Go to the Silver Legacy or El Dorado. The service is better and the shows are a great price.

Dixon, California
“The resort is beautiful but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We went to the Superbowl Party in the Ballroom food was ok the party was fun. Meet a lot of nice people. The game needed help but that was not there fault. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. They still need help what the buffet.

San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
“OH NO THEY DID NOT! Casino review only, here:”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I went for the casino- I am an avid poker machine junkie, and I play at the speed of light- this is the secret (if you can instantly decide what cards to hold, you win WAY more often, but this blazing speed takes total concentration). As I was banging the hold buttons, the playing field contracted and shot up to the top of the screen, so I missed my marks by the distraction. I assumed the machine was on the blink. Then, it happened again and again until I FINALLY realized- the machine does that on PURPOSE so it can flash a banner ad across the bottom of the screen! Then you have to halt your game, click the X on the ad to close it, then the playing field returns to full screen. This happened FIVE times in less than two minutes and is the FIRST TIME I have EVER not left a casino with every DIME I entered with, because I lost those five hands. Just when I thought things can't get ANY crappier?

As far as the place- it's an ugly, dirty building (filthy, littered parking lot and sidewalks, crusty windows, missing light bulbs on the marquee) in an industrial, nasty, unsafe location. But then you enter the front door, to a gigantic, beautiful lobby and casino. Too bad they chose the low route, and are dirtbags A#1. I wouldn't go back for $100 in free, no strings attached poker play, table OR machine.

I'm so angry I even passed on a free drink as I rushed out of that dump. And trust me, folks- I've never passed up a free anything in my LIFE.