“Vegas without the crowds” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 137 things to do in Reno
Orange, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Vegas without the crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights for a conference for work. Fast check-in after the free shuttle from the very nice Reno-Tahoe airport. The room was large and nicely decorated, with a very nice bathroom. A bargain at $89 per night. Our events in the banquet rooms went well, the food was good and the staff friendly. The casino is large and uncrowded, there are restaurants, shops and even a huge bowling alley on the premises which also includes a huge pool and lounge. This was a great place to hold a conference!

Visited November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reno, Nevada
“Definitely A Nice Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

You can tell that the GSR is really trying to renovate the hotel in a hip and trendy way. This was our second time staying there and both times we have had a marvelous time!

Both times we have stayed in the renovated rooms and they are beautiful with classy decor and comfortable furniture to make your stay fabulous! We are not gamblers but I can attest to the fun we have in their WET bar. They do have girls dancing on tables there, not my thing but it doesn't bother me. If you like to dance the music is always current and fun.

The only 2 Cons
1.) I was supposed to check-in in VIP lane and I never could find it
2.) Both time I have stayed here the make-up mirrors do not work
3.) Steakhouse restaurant was not good.

Pros:
1.) Rooms are beautiful
2.) Very friendly staff
3.) You can tell they are really working on making it a very classy place to visit
4.) Awesome pool

Loved it...will definitely be back!

Visited October 2013
Sparks NV.
3 attraction reviews
“lied to, overcharged, demoted wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was a frequent patron of GSR until the Joan Rvers show wow. First of all my host Richard had been on good terms with myself and guest always. We had discussed getting tickets for the show, he mentioned when ready tell him and he would see about comping them. Well when i went to V.I.P services i was told he had been fired first lye. then told to fill out another piece of scrap paper requesting another by name so i did after she told me who to request.I had to pay for two tickets after being told by my former host there was gonna be no charge. Then to top it off my Freeplay was $240.00 Immediatley after they took it to $20 THEN $0 PRETTY TUFF AFTER HAVING GUEST STAY AT THERE PROPERTY SEVERAL TIMES ALL GOOD previousTIPPERS AND SPENDERS. THEN I SAW MY previous host on the job weeks later, he was never fired, what gives here,so that means the ladie in VIP lied to me and my guest, embarrassing!!!!! Oh well its costing them $$ now cause i or my guest wont be going back. Dale Greenwell Jr. #101613526