“Wow! Great crust!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #188 of 781 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
“Wow! Great crust!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We were in Reno with 10 softball players and 10 adults looking for a pizza place for supper and saw the reviews for this. I agree with the reviews, great atmosphere, great small restaurant service and awesome crust on their pizza! I reccomend the pirate pizza with several different topppings! We all walked away stuffed and content!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reno, Nevada
“Great specialty pizzas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Specialty pizzas you won't find elsewhere, fun atmosphere. What's not to love?

Reno, Nevada, United States
“Fat pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I like this place because the pizza is really thick. Also, there is a nice selection of Greek food.

“Best gyros and spanakopita in Reno, great pizza, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I have been going to Pirate's pizza since 1983, and went quite often when I lived on Peckham. I moved to the north side of town years ago and realized recently that I hadn't been there in way too long. Today, my husband asked me where I would I would like to eat a late lunch. I suggested Pirates and are ever we glad we did!

Amanda met us at the door, sat us at the first booth and asked what we would like to drink. Great atmosphere, red checked table cloths, big pirate just inside the door. We split a spanakopita appetizer. It came out steaming hot, perfectly crispy flaky phyllo dough on the outside, and creamy cheese and spinich on the inside. It came with two cucumber slices, two tomato slices, 1/2 marinated artichoke heart, 4 greek olives, 2 pepperoncinis, and topped with a nice-sized cube of feta cheese. Fantastic! I had the chicken gyro, which came on a lighly toasted pita with thinly sliced red onions two tomato slices, and covered with creamy tzatziki sauce. The chicken was tender sliced breast, lightly seasoned. I liked the sauce so much, I asked for an extra container. My husband had the beef gyro and loved it, too. All of our plates went back to the kitchen without a scrap of food left on them. We also ordered a small pizza to go for dinner so we could rate that, too. Before we ordered, we asked Amanda if their sausage was sliced or ground and she reassured us it was crumbled just the way we like it. We asked to have the crust thin. The pizza was delicious... lots of mozzarella cheese, crispy thin crust, tasty sausage and pepperoni and flavorful sauce. We'll definitely go back again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

Worth the trip. The pizza and antipasto salad I had tonight were very good.