“Won't eat here again” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 781 Restaurants in Reno
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Won't eat here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Service was painfully slow on our last visit. They claimed they were slammed by two large groups, but we saw staff goofing around and not exactly trying their best to serve the customers. We stayed long enough to eat our appetizer (spinach artichoke dip, which wasn't great), then took the rest of our meal to go. For entrees, we had chicken pot pie (which was OK) and steak salad. Steak was not cooked properly (requested medium, result was nearly well-done) and was tough as shoe leather.

Visited March 2013

“Delicious!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in Reno with my family and we were indecisive on where we wanted to eat for dinner so last minute we decided to go to claim jumper. We walked in and right away we were seated. It was at 5:30pm and boy did we get there in time before it got busy. The food and service were excellent!! What I loved about our waitress was she gave my 7 year old and 2 year old a plate of yummies since they didn't get their own plate. They just shared our dinner and it was plenty!!! We will definitely be back. I ordered the roasted tri-tip and my husband ordered the porterhouse steak and it was awesome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“Good meal, good service, reasonable prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I hadn't been to Reno's Claim Jumper in quite a while. It is now part of the Landry's group of restaurants. Their prices have become more reasonable than I remember and the menu appears to be expanded. In fact, they have quite a selection ranging from steaks to pastas and pizza. The service was very good and we had a good experience. The "old" Claim Jumper had a decent prime rib which Landry's has seen fit to remove from the menu which is a disappointment for me. Overall however, a good place to eat.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“Claim Jumper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. The food, and the service, is excellent. I join my friends here at least three times per month and we are always pleased. We are on a first name basis with the staff, and get good treatment. It's a Landry's company, and you can purchase a membership with great discounts, and a free meal for your birthday at any of the Landry's restaurants throughout the West Coast. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno NV
“A pleasing meal and decent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Food was wholesome and te wine was medium priced for medium wine. Young waiter did a great job. No waiting.

Visited November 2012