“Keep Coming Back for More!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 804 Restaurants in Reno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
California
“Keep Coming Back for More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been scouting restaurants in Reno for several months. We want good food, service, ambiance, and location without hitting the casinos. We found a gem in 4th Street Bistro.

The food is terrific. Very fresh, creative without craziness, selection is varied in all categories. I have had the lamb chops (succulent) more than once. The scallops with risotto were melt-in-your-mouth. I love the beet salad. The bar makes a great martini.

Wine list has great variety. Service is amazing - incredibly professional including the uniforms.

I am amazed at the variety of attire by the customers. It ranges from beautiful prom couples to guys in shorts who look like they just got off the golf course. Regardless, the atmosphere is friendly and comfortable.

Reservations are recommended but we have often called an hour or so before we want to arrive and there has been a table available. Once, the owner suggested we come 15 minutes earlier as she had a large party coming in and wanted to insure the kitchen could fill our orders first. How's that for service?

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nevada
“I went reluctantly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not being much for stuffy, overprice restaurants I wasn't too excited about this meal, but is was our anniversary and my husband loves this kind of thing and made the reservation.
I had heard from foodie friends this was wonderful, but it just wasn't my style.
First of all it isn't stuffy. We went to dinner dressed in jeans ( nice jeans-Reno formal wear).
The waiter was pleasant and relaxed and not at all pretentious. Service was excellent.
I had planned on ordering the vegan dish but when I heard the daily soup and salad selection, I quickly changed my mind and ordered both. My husband had the lamb/polenta and we were both
wowed. Dinners are 20-40 per people al a carte. Wine list is lovely and reasonable or over the top. Your choice. The have a limited list of cocktails. Desserts are start @$9 and are fabulous.Apricot unsidedown cake with roasted strawberry ice cream was our choice.
I can't wait to go back ...

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson, Wyoming
“This is one not to be missed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The food is exceptional. Excellent continental cuisine. The restaurant is in an old house and the atmosphere is special. Reservations are necessary.

Visited December 2012
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Better than the top reviewed restaurants in Reno on this website”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've eaten to all the top reviewed restaurants on this site in Reno and they don't even compare to Fourth Street Bistro, we would never return anyone of them why? expensive and don't live up to top quality food maybe atmosphere and service but not the FOOD.

The chef at 4th Street Bistro is an alumni of Chez Panisse in Berkeley, CA. We are from the Bay Area where great restaurants abound and this was the first place that even came close to the quality of ingredients and preparations we were used to.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here. My husband had scallops, friend had filet, friend had salmon, I had brown rice pasta - all prepared perfectly. Everyone raved about the food. It was all wonderful in every way.

Visited May 2013

Been to 4th Street Bistro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage 4th Street Bistro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.