“The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beaujolais Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 784 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Street
Description: Chef Bill Gilbert's charming French style bistro in downtown Reno celebrates authentic French cooking as well as modern interpretation of French cuisine. We serve Niman Ranch beef, lamb, and pork, Liberty Duck, and much of our organic produce is sourced locally including wild and exotic mushrooms from Connie Green. Our extensive bar and wine list is available early for your pleasure. Outdoor seating is also available seasonally. Private dining arrangements are available on request. We are proud to be voted "Reno's Best French Restaurant" for over a decade, and "Reno's Most Romantic Restaurant" in 2014 by the Reno News & Review.
Santa Ana, California
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have waited to long to put my "two cents" in on my favorite restaurant. Have been to Beaujolais whenever I am in town. I don't think the prices are "too" much for the wonderful food served there. The staff is great, Abel is the best. Lunch is really a treat, you can go from very "fancy" to their croque monsuier (sp?), basically, the best grilled cheese on the planet. Sounds plain, but it is wonderful. Dinner is amazing. Great service, and the food! I have tried many different entrees, all wonderful. The menu changes through the seasons, so sometimes you cannot get what you remembered as the best meal the next time you go. I have been there for special nights (New Years Eve) as well as a normal weeknight, and the food and service are always fantastic.
This is my favorite restaurant..probably anywhere. Relax and enjoy this place. If you have questions about the menu, which I always do, they will explain it and trust me, you will enjoy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reno/Lake Tahoe
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I've been wanting to try this quaint French restaurant by the river. While the service was good..some of the food was questionable. My husband's cassoulet looked old and mushy. I loved the roasted beet salad and the French onion soup was very good! Fair warning though...for what you receive, it was quite pricey. I may go back for lunch and the soup, but probably not for dinner...sorry!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best place in Reno for a romantic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We've been eating here for lunch since Beaujolais opened 10 years ago. We go there for all our special occasions. We love the family prix fixe dinners. The gnocchi lunch today was fabulous

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Reno, NV
“too salty; extremely uneven.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Some items are prepared well, except for excessive salt. Others are unbalanced/under-spiced/mis-cooked (Overcooked, Undercooked, wrong technique, wrong temperature).

I have a lot of experience as a cook, and My quick, casual things are MUCH better than the food which I ate here (on two different occasions.). Even when I'm preparing quick, causal things. I demand more quality from an "upper-end" restaurant, and will try to avoid going back. Sorry, BB, you need to taste what you're doing, and then fix it.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Elegant but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I went here for this past valentines day with another couple. Atmosphere is fantastic, staff was very friendly. I'm not an escargot kind of person, but this is the type of food they have. I go out a lot to fancy restaurants, but our entire group had trouble trying to figure out what to order since we were not familiar with most of the items listed. For 2 people, 1 appetizer, bottle of wine, 2 entrees and dessert came to $150.

• 4 of 5 stars Food