“Passing Through” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 137 things to do in Reno
More attraction details
Owner description: This bustling casino offers popular slots and table games in addition to a High Limit Salon for high rollers.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
53 attraction reviews
“Passing Through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

While passing through Reno, we wanted to check out a Reno hotel/casino and I was not in the least disappointed. The building is obviously older than most however I felt it was clean and up to par. We spent a lovely hour or so eating at the buffet upstairs then tried our luck in the casino and got a nice little win! Overall, it's not bad and I would recommend to others if in the area for a few hours!

Visited September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Henderson, NV
12 attraction reviews
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Harrah's this trip because of a great rate for 2 rooms this business trip. Parking is good and check in/out was smooth. Rooms are nice and comfortable, but you can hear the hallways, elevator and ice machine more then most places I have stayed.
Coffee offering in the room is not free as I found out at $1.50 per cup unlike most places that provide it gratis. They also do not offer free wifi (10.95 per day) like even Motel Six does. Wifi is a big deal for business travelers and my employer does not recognize that as a standard charge on the bill. Im glad their are obtainable wifi sites nearby where I could sit work and spend my money. If Harrah's had it in their hotel I would have spent my money there. Other then the great room rate this trip I see no reason to return or spend more money there then I have too.

Visited November 2013
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Hot August Nights - Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Harrah's is an excellent place to stay if you are there during the Hot August Nights Classic Car Event. This year Barrett Jackson was also there out at the convention center in town. The whole event is a do not miss. There are more cars than you can take in and it is right outside your hotel door.

The casino is tight on the slots, but we were able to comp everything on our stay with our play. All of the staff is very helpful and friendly. It could use some painting and carpet replacement, but all in all a great time.

Visited August 2013
Toledo, Ohio
33 attraction reviews
“Boring and Lame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

As a Diamond member and have stayed at many Harrahs throughout the country, I have to say this is the worst of the Harrahs casinos. Stayed for three nights over the weekend and was shocked how boring and empty the casino was....and we are talking Friday and Saturday nights. No entertainment and tight slots don't add up to a fun time. On a Saturday night they had a DJ playing outside and nothing but kids on the dance floor and no more than five adults. We ended up the majority of our time at the Silver Legacy which knows how to do it right. The variety of slots, bars, restaurants and contests were overwhelming. Harrahs needs to stop expanding and need to upgrade and update the casinos they have.

Visited August 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
44 attraction reviews
“My wife loved Reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a late review from our 2012 summer road trip. While traveling east across the US we stopped at Harrah's Casino and Hotel in Reno. The hotel was very nice and clean. My grandson walked around the town, which is only a few blocks long, and listened to a rock band performing in front of Harrahs. There was also a celebration going on in the town, which was interesting.
My wife of course loved the slots which were good to her during our stay.

Visited September 2012