“An amazingly beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“An amazingly beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is well worth the 30 minute drive to find this animal rescue center. The surrounding countryside is breath-taking and the caring staff made the visit the highlight of my trip to Reno. The animals are obviously well cared-for. For an extra $10 we were able to rent a golf cart to move around quickly with my mother who really enjoyed seeing the animals in a park setting, not like a zoo.

Visited September 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Those Cheetahs Can Run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is my second visit to Animal Ark to watch the cheetahs run. Wow! Those cats can move. All of the animals at Animal Ark are awesome. The staff are great and very informative. Love the gift shop. Despite the dirt road to get out to their location, the trip is always enjoyable. I always learn something new about wildlife. The cheetahs are my absolute fave!

Visited September 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Love Animal Ark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We go to Animal Ark at least twice a year. Once to enjoy as a family and usually once on a fieldtrip. The staff is so knowledgeable and friendly. The animals are amazing. It is such a wonderful experience.

Visited May 2012
39 attraction reviews
“Fun trip for the kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

While my husband was working, I took my 2 children here. We had fun! The kids loved looking at all the different animals, and you could tell they were well taken care of (very important in my book). Being a New Yorker, I was just astounded by the views, they were breathtaking! The drive from Reno was about 40 minutes. I felt like I drove to nowhere and kept driving, but had the beautiful view of the mountains the whole time so it was worth it!

Visited May 2012
Carson City, Nevada
11 attraction reviews
“Nice walk and good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have taken my girls here a couple of times. For a place out in the middle of nowhere, they do have a very nicely built and well managed zoo. Yes, I know, zoo is a dirty word to some people, but in this instance, the animals have plenty of roaming space and the owners try to make them as comfortable as possible.

Many of the animals are there due to their being rescued from bad situations

If you are not too fond of walking up and down hills, this might not be a good experience for you.

Been to Animal Ark? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Animal Ark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.