“You are on your own” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 65 hotels in Reno
Las vegas/Henderson
“You are on your own”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The stay was fine . I couldn't really comment on the service because it was non existent there literally was no service. You are all on your own at this place . I wanted to ask for a vacuum to do the hotel hallway at one point. There was a receipt on the floor in the hallway for three days I actually took a photo of it . I never ever had maid service and was there for 5 days . No one ever greets you or says have a good day just a really weird place. Convenient location and room was efficient that was good. The strange thing is I kind of liked being left alone . Oh well I am used to the service and cleanliness I get at the Hilton chain . Would I stay there again ??? Not sure at this point . There was one guy there that was nice and helpful I believe his name was Denny .The room rate is the only thing that would bring me back that is for sure .

Room Tip: Stay above ground floor . Either I had the Jolly Green Giant above me or the ceiling is paper thin.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here in Reno. We value your experience as it helps up to continue to improve the service we provide to our guests. I was disheartened to learn that no one was available to assist your needs at the front desk. That is not the standard of service that we provide our guests. We apologize for not meeting our or your expectations. Again thank you for your comments. I hope that you will return to Reno and give us another opportunity to serve you better.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I got in late and tired, and they made the end of a long day much easier. Even the other guests were helpful when I was struggling with my bags and dog. I didn't realize there was a $25 pet fee, but I blame myself and whatever reservation website I used. Everything was clean and neat. There were a few stains on the entry carpet, but if that's the worst thing, they still get five stars from me. Based on reviews, it seemed like people had pretty dodgy experiences at other Reno hotels. This was characterless suburbia, just what I wanted at the time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your recent experience with us. We so appreciate our guest's comments as they are vital source of learning what our guests need and want. I apologize for the carpet spots and we will have those addressed immediately. I do hope you will return to us on your next stay in Reno and again, thank you so much for your time!
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't like having to walk thru a casino to get to my room after a long day so this place was perfect! The check in process was great by a very friendly and efficient young lady and she called 15 minutes after I checked in to make sure I was happy with the room. And the room was a nice surprise. Very LARGE, very clean, very nice! The kitchen was stocked with anything I needed if I wanted to cook. The sofa and bed were comfy and as I said everything was very clean. I was on the parking lot side of the building and I didn't have any noise at all. I guess they changed the flight paths for the airport as I never heard a single plane like someone complained about earlier. I come here every 2-3 months on business and I have now found the place I will make my regular stay.

Room Tip: You won't have any noise in a room on the parking lot side of the building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Homedale, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My room was clean and quiet. This is a small Extended Stay in a Business Park in South Reno. My room faced Hwy 395 but double windows made is so I didn't get highway or airport noise. It also made it so I couldn't open my windows for fresh air. This hotel is under the north/south flight path a Reno-Tahoe International Airport. They allow pets with a $25.00 per night per pet fee up to $150.00 dollars. There are no pet rooms on the first floor. Everyone at the front desk were nice. There is only one luggage cart for the hotel. It was gone for the time I first looked for it until I got all my stuff move out. Approximately 3 hours. This explains why every morning people were carrying their stuff out of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 395/580. The business park provides a safe place to walk your dogs early in the morning and evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Randy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disheartened to read that you had trouble with the windows and you couldn't use our only luggage cart. Please accept my apologies for these issues, but I'm glad that you are pleased with our location your clean, quiet room. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with friendly service during your stay.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and quiet. Room is clean. The one minor maintenance issue was quickly resolved. Kam at the front desk is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. This property is in great shape and appears new. Good location as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Steve - Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit with us in Reno. Your kind words are so appreciated and encourages the entire team to keep providing top-notch customer service to all of our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our property overall.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Sunnyvale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, easy to get around from here and go around Reno. Staff were good and the room very good, little kitchen, good air con, clean bathroom. I would stay again no problem. For a family with kids it is the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about of your recent stay with our hotel. We so much appreciate the kind words and the encouragement from valuable guests such as yourself. Thank you again your review motivates us continue to do even better. I hope you visit us here in again and we hope to make your stay. Thank you again
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good location, about 8 miles from downtown, close to airport. Lots of restaurants nearby. Double suite is good size. Flat screen, full kitchen. SLOW wifi, which seems to be the case with all these Extended Stays. UPSIDE AND DOWNSIDE. Upside is rooms with kitchens, flat screens, and a good price. Downside is missing amenities you may be used to (like me) like more TV stations (they have 24, no syfy, msnbc, cnbc. I'm used to 50 or 60), curved shower curtain rod, bath amenities, A PLACE TO PUT YOU LUGGAGE (would it really be so hard to put folding luggage carts in each room?). Biggest downside is the reservation process. THEY WILL NOT GUARANTEE SMOKING OR NON-SMOKING, even if you do it in person the day before! In what world do they think people who don't smoke will stay in a smoking room? I've already had to cancel one reservation because of this. Makes me reluctant to try to plan ahead in this chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our free WiFi was so slow during your stay and that we could not guarantee your room type because it was a 3rd party reservation. Please know, our staff strives to fulfill all guest requests, so we always try our best to provide non-smoking rooms to those who want them. Still, I am happy that you enjoyed our location and all of the amenities we offer.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows? Share your experiences!