“I Loved It” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Orem, Utah
“I Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't like having to walk thru a casino to get to my room after a long day so this place was perfect! The check in process was great by a very friendly and efficient young lady and she called 15 minutes after I checked in to make sure I was happy with the room. And the room was a nice surprise. Very LARGE, very clean, very nice! The kitchen was stocked with anything I needed if I wanted to cook. The sofa and bed were comfy and as I said everything was very clean. I was on the parking lot side of the building and I didn't have any noise at all. I guess they changed the flight paths for the airport as I never heard a single plane like someone complained about earlier. I come here every 2-3 months on business and I have now found the place I will make my regular stay.

Room Tip: You won't have any noise in a room on the parking lot side of the building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Homedale, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My room was clean and quiet. This is a small Extended Stay in a Business Park in South Reno. My room faced Hwy 395 but double windows made is so I didn't get highway or airport noise. It also made it so I couldn't open my windows for fresh air. This hotel is under the north/south flight path a Reno-Tahoe International Airport. They allow pets with a $25.00 per night per pet fee up to $150.00 dollars. There are no pet rooms on the first floor. Everyone at the front desk were nice. There is only one luggage cart for the hotel. It was gone for the time I first looked for it until I got all my stuff move out. Approximately 3 hours. This explains why every morning people were carrying their stuff out of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located off Hwy 395/580. The business park provides a safe place to walk your dogs early in the morning and evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Randy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disheartened to read that you had trouble with the windows and you couldn't use our only luggage cart. Please accept my apologies for these issues, but I'm glad that you are pleased with our location your clean, quiet room. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with friendly service during your stay.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and quiet. Room is clean. The one minor maintenance issue was quickly resolved. Kam at the front desk is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. This property is in great shape and appears new. Good location as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Steve - Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit with us in Reno. Your kind words are so appreciated and encourages the entire team to keep providing top-notch customer service to all of our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our property overall.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Sunnyvale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here, easy to get around from here and go around Reno. Staff were good and the room very good, little kitchen, good air con, clean bathroom. I would stay again no problem. For a family with kids it is the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments about of your recent stay with our hotel. We so much appreciate the kind words and the encouragement from valuable guests such as yourself. Thank you again your review motivates us continue to do even better. I hope you visit us here in again and we hope to make your stay. Thank you again
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good location, about 8 miles from downtown, close to airport. Lots of restaurants nearby. Double suite is good size. Flat screen, full kitchen. SLOW wifi, which seems to be the case with all these Extended Stays. UPSIDE AND DOWNSIDE. Upside is rooms with kitchens, flat screens, and a good price. Downside is missing amenities you may be used to (like me) like more TV stations (they have 24, no syfy, msnbc, cnbc. I'm used to 50 or 60), curved shower curtain rod, bath amenities, A PLACE TO PUT YOU LUGGAGE (would it really be so hard to put folding luggage carts in each room?). Biggest downside is the reservation process. THEY WILL NOT GUARANTEE SMOKING OR NON-SMOKING, even if you do it in person the day before! In what world do they think people who don't smoke will stay in a smoking room? I've already had to cancel one reservation because of this. Makes me reluctant to try to plan ahead in this chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our free WiFi was so slow during your stay and that we could not guarantee your room type because it was a 3rd party reservation. Please know, our staff strives to fulfill all guest requests, so we always try our best to provide non-smoking rooms to those who want them. Still, I am happy that you enjoyed our location and all of the amenities we offer.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here, easy to get around from here and to do business. Staff were really lovely and the room very good, little kitchen, good air con, clean bathroom. I would stay again no problem. From here everything you need is on S Virginia St a short hop away.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your room and the kitchen provided. As well, that you found our staff to be so friendly.

We are so happy that you would like to visit again, and look forward to you doing so. Thank you once more.
Placerville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We happened to be visiting Reno when the National bowling tournaments were being staged there. So nearly every hotel was either booked or had either doubled or tripled their prices. And then tack on 'Resort Fees!' Which to me is just another way to rip off the consumer and falsify their actual costs!
Extended Stay America was the only hotel we found that had a reasonable priced room available. Except for the "roach motels" of course!
The addition of somewhere to cook and store food is a plus. Even though the utensils are scant, it's a plus and the cost per night is very affordable.
There was plenty of places to eat nearby; be it for breakfast or dinner. Even within walking distance. And it's out of the main center of town so traffic isn't too bad.
The bed was a little on the firm side so my wife wasn't crazy about it but I prefer a firmer mattress so I was ok. They do put lots of pillows on it so she was happy with that.
The room was clean and comfortable enough given the price range.
Most people the complain about the accommodations forget they stayed there because they didn't want to spend $300-$400 for a bed for two nights but still want all the amenities.
I feel we got a very good deal for the $65/night we spent!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We very much appreciate it. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and I make every effort to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience by providing great rooms. It is so welcoming to know we were able to do that for you!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows? Share your experiences!