“Not clean, noisy, smokey smell everywhere, minimum 'extras'” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Monterey, California
“Not clean, noisy, smokey smell everywhere, minimum 'extras'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Title says it all. Want a cheap room, this is it. If you don't care and are used to a dorm room then you'll be comfortable here. Bed not comfortable, no toiletries except cheap soap, one ply scratchy toilet paper. Initial a zillion things to say you'll treat the place well, but suffer the nasty leftovers from past guests. Long back hairs on more than one surface in the room. UCK.

Room Tip: No fitness room at all...which was a desire of ours. Pretty disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the front desk did not offer you the additional toiletries we have when you checked in. I also apologize that your room was not cleaned to our standard. I am meeting with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rsm@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few months back and had a blast. For the price you can't do better. Its right by to the strip and tons of places to eat. The staff was super nice and very helpful with directions and other questions I had. My room was very clean and the bed was even comfortable. I can guarantee I will stay at extended stay next time I'm in Reno.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was so pleased to hear that you had a great time while with us in Reno! I'm glad to hear the location and amenities were so convenient for you.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Carpinteria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel was not pleasant and I would not stay there again. The hallway walls are scuffed up and the carpets were worn and spotted. As for the room? It seemed clean but it needed a fresh coat of paint. The bathroom seemed to have been recently remodeled. And there is a small kitchenette. The noise level was terrible. Every morning it started around 5 AM. The people above us were up and pounding back and forth across the floors. Then the people next to us got up early and were opening and closing the kitchen cupboards, running water. There seems to be no sound barriers between the walls. The refrigerator in our room ran off and on through the night with an unusually loud hum. The black out curtains are not large enough to block out light all around the outer edges so we had a corona of light from the parking lot. As for friendly service? There was seldom anyone at the front desk when we left or returned. We needed an extra blanket as their were no extras in the room? Called the desk and they had one full sized left. I had to go downstairs and get it. They do not provide hairdryers in the rooms (kInd of unheard of these days). Called the front desk, I had to go down and get it. Want ice? No ice machines in the hotel. Only ice from the two ice trays in the refrigerator in the room. They only clean/make-up the rooms every 7 days, unless you want to pay 10.00 extra. Need another towel? That's 5 dollars extra according to the sign in the bathroom. I thought the hot water was out in the shower until I discovered the hot cold was reversed. Phew. We were in town to see relatives for Thanksgiving so we spent very minimal time in the room. That made it bearable. We also had a cheap rate through Expedia. There seems to be several chain hotels right in the same area of town. Of course I will try another hotel next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay over Thanksgiving. I apologize that you were able to hear noises from other rooms and can understand how being woken up multiple times can put a damper on your stay. I also wanted to apologize that our services and amenities were not explained to you at check-in. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be meeting my with front desk staff to ensure that they are communicating everything at check-in. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rsm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America, South Meadows location a number of times on business, and this Hotel has consistently proven to be clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Especially like the convenience of a kitchenette and laundry facility as these benefits help make for a hassle-free stay.

Pam and the front desk crew are so accomidating and friendly... after a while they become like Family. Nice crew !

The rates are also reasonable, and they offer long term stay agreements if your business has you temporarily re-locating to a job site.

JohnK

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Reno - South Meadows. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Carson City, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Pros: Rooms are very clean with new carpet, paint, etc.. Cons: I have been in the hotel for about 4 hours and thinking about not staying the 2nd night. First, on arrival, I had to pay an extra $5 per night to get a non-smoking room. Second, I've been here for about 4 hours and for the last 2 I've been listening to a BOOMING TV next door. Walls are paper thin. I get up every 10-15 minutes to switch the heater on from high hot to high cool to drowned out some of the noise. It's bad. And the mattresses... as mentioned in other reviews, they are rock hard. When I first sat on the bed I was surprised, it was like sitting on a wooden chair, they really are rock hard. Also,the TV, believe it or not it's a 24" to 26" TV -- I didn't know they made TVs that small. Strange....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ExtendedStay America Reno - South Meadows. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Woodbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This hotel was clean and modern, a great choice for the convenience of fully equipped kitchen facilities and location. I liked being out of the bustle of downtown and close to more suburban shopping choices for groceries and restaurants. The room was updated and clean with nice bedding, a Signature Queen studio, but not spacious. No breakfast provided, but that is why you have your own kitchen and refrigerator! We stayed only one night, so their policy of one $4.99 payment for internet access per stay was not to our advantage, I wish they would give one nighters a break on that. The room price was a very good one for the Reno area on the date we stayed, we would have had to go to Carson City to get as good a deal as here. The space was ok for two people, if we were really doing an extended stay it may have been cramped. Good choice for one person in town for business, though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Just a really friendly well priced Hotel with excellent Hotel Rooms for the traveller who likes a self contained style room.

Nothing was a problem, The Hotel is close to a number of bars, dining and shopping facilities. Less than an hours drive to Tahoe/Squaw valley it remains a much more affordable stay even when you take into account petrol to get to the snow. Tahoe was near $300/night and that doesn't include any ski tow fees.

You get 30% off your ski tow fees as a special offer. It makes sense , why spend more money when you don't have to - and you stay in a place that is like home and you feel part of the family. I will be recommending this Hotel to my travel agent!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows? Share your experiences!