“Good hotel, decent price, comforts of home” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Woodbury
“Good hotel, decent price, comforts of home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This hotel was clean and modern, a great choice for the convenience of fully equipped kitchen facilities and location. I liked being out of the bustle of downtown and close to more suburban shopping choices for groceries and restaurants. The room was updated and clean with nice bedding, a Signature Queen studio, but not spacious. No breakfast provided, but that is why you have your own kitchen and refrigerator! We stayed only one night, so their policy of one $4.99 payment for internet access per stay was not to our advantage, I wish they would give one nighters a break on that. The room price was a very good one for the Reno area on the date we stayed, we would have had to go to Carson City to get as good a deal as here. The space was ok for two people, if we were really doing an extended stay it may have been cramped. Good choice for one person in town for business, though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Just a really friendly well priced Hotel with excellent Hotel Rooms for the traveller who likes a self contained style room.

Nothing was a problem, The Hotel is close to a number of bars, dining and shopping facilities. Less than an hours drive to Tahoe/Squaw valley it remains a much more affordable stay even when you take into account petrol to get to the snow. Tahoe was near $300/night and that doesn't include any ski tow fees.

You get 30% off your ski tow fees as a special offer. It makes sense , why spend more money when you don't have to - and you stay in a place that is like home and you feel part of the family. I will be recommending this Hotel to my travel agent!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Havelock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the past few years and will choose it again if I need to be in that part of Reno. I like this option instead of a casino. The rooms are spacious enough for me as a business traveler. I like being able to use the kitchenette instead of eating out all the time. The recliner is a nice touch too along with a table and chairs and a desk.

The location is close to the freeway and shopping. There are nice laundry facilities on the premises and some vending machines. You can ask for a mattress topper at the front desk since the mattresses are REALLY hard. The front desk will also supply dish detergent, hair dryers and some other necessities if you forgot them. Wi-Fi will cost $4.99 for the duration of your stay whether it is for one night or longer. It should be free, but that one time charge isn't too bad and the connectivity is excellent.

I think my only gripe about this property is there are no automatic entrance doors. Whether you are pulling your luggage along or using the luggage buggy provided in the lobby, the two sets of doors are difficult to maneuver through.

The staff is very friendly - especially Kam and Sonia.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ktbug147
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Yet another wonderful stay at the Extended Stay. Its always clean, inside and out, a nice home away from home. Last time I stayed here I slept really well, but for some reason this time I could not. It seemed like the beds were harder. They offer mattress toppers and really I wish I took them up on it.

The other issue I had, though it didn't affect my stay, some of the stations on the tv didnt work well. Really other than that, no issues at all.

Front staff is fantastically friendly and explained everything we needed to know about our stay.

I would recommend this anyone coming to Reno.

Room Tip: I always spend the couple extra bucks for the comfort suites. fancier linens on bed and a leather r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I had no problem with this hotel it was clean modren and excellent for the price.
the only porblem was that I bok it with hotels.com I asked for a Non smoking room and they tried to give me a smoking room. I you book through hotels.com or expedia make sure you are getting non smoking or smoking room by calling ahead to the hotel and confirming your preferance. again hotel was not at fault. The only negative item I have is the walls are thin you can hear the people above you walking around. Make sure to get a second floor room to avoid this.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The hotel charge an extra fee of 10$+tax per night for non-smoking rooms. This is an unbelievable new fee that doens't seems real. Also the heater was not working properly and was very noisy. The only positive side is the small kitchen in every room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Truckee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We enjoyed our stay other than the poorly insulated floors. With a toddler it was difficult staying here for that main reason. I would recommend asking for a lower floor because anytime we walked our neighbors below pounded loudly on their ceiling. There is high speed internet service available for just a one time fee of $4.99 which we found affordable compared to other hotels and a kitchenette with silverware and dishes which is handy for families. We found the employees to be extremely polite and helpful. This hotel has expanded cable service with movie channels like Showtime and Disney Channel. The on-site laundry facilities also made things easier for us during our stay. It was like staying in a studio apartment. There was no fitness center or pool but the hotel offers day passes for reasonable rates to a local gym. FYI: Bring your own hair dryer and shampoo, Conditioner, and Lotion as they do not have these in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows? Share your experiences!