“Had stayed here a few times and its very consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Reno
ktbug147
“Had stayed here a few times and its very consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Yet another wonderful stay at the Extended Stay. Its always clean, inside and out, a nice home away from home. Last time I stayed here I slept really well, but for some reason this time I could not. It seemed like the beds were harder. They offer mattress toppers and really I wish I took them up on it.

The other issue I had, though it didn't affect my stay, some of the stations on the tv didnt work well. Really other than that, no issues at all.

Front staff is fantastically friendly and explained everything we needed to know about our stay.

I would recommend this anyone coming to Reno.

Room Tip: I always spend the couple extra bucks for the comfort suites. fancier linens on bed and a leather r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I had no problem with this hotel it was clean modren and excellent for the price.
the only porblem was that I bok it with hotels.com I asked for a Non smoking room and they tried to give me a smoking room. I you book through hotels.com or expedia make sure you are getting non smoking or smoking room by calling ahead to the hotel and confirming your preferance. again hotel was not at fault. The only negative item I have is the walls are thin you can hear the people above you walking around. Make sure to get a second floor room to avoid this.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The hotel charge an extra fee of 10$+tax per night for non-smoking rooms. This is an unbelievable new fee that doens't seems real. Also the heater was not working properly and was very noisy. The only positive side is the small kitchen in every room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Truckee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We enjoyed our stay other than the poorly insulated floors. With a toddler it was difficult staying here for that main reason. I would recommend asking for a lower floor because anytime we walked our neighbors below pounded loudly on their ceiling. There is high speed internet service available for just a one time fee of $4.99 which we found affordable compared to other hotels and a kitchenette with silverware and dishes which is handy for families. We found the employees to be extremely polite and helpful. This hotel has expanded cable service with movie channels like Showtime and Disney Channel. The on-site laundry facilities also made things easier for us during our stay. It was like staying in a studio apartment. There was no fitness center or pool but the hotel offers day passes for reasonable rates to a local gym. FYI: Bring your own hair dryer and shampoo, Conditioner, and Lotion as they do not have these in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
So-So Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

This Extended Stay America feels like it could be disassembled and taken away on flatbed trucks to be re-assembled somewhere else, and the whole process might take 45 minutes. It's the kind of structure that must house military personnel in the Green Zone.
I would love to have been in the conference room when the Extended Stay America folks were hashing out the details of their hotel concept: "We'll hire kids from the bottom of their architecture classes and put them to work. We'll have them build it EXACTLY to code and not a speck above. Lobby? Who needs it? Housekeeping? Forget it. Continental breakfast? Ha! Door on the closet? Try a curtain. That refrigerator is cheap, but awfully noisy. We'll take it! Hotel laundry? Put it behind the front desk and let the desk clerk wash sheets and towels. Bedding? Yeah, we got your bedding. Extended Stay is REALLY Spartan and dreary, and I stayed in the upgraded room. On the upside, it was reasonably clean and dirt cheap, even on a weekend when several large events had most Reno hotels full up. Why did they name it Extended Stay America? Because "Flop House" and "Motel 6" were already taken. I can't remember the last time I stayed anywhere -- even a mom 'n pop motel - where they didn't offer you a roll and a cup of coffee in the morning.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Almost all the reviews of this hotel are accurate.

We stayed for 3 nights and paid $81 per night. The room is small but pretty clean. The exceptions to that is some trash under the bed.

The rooms are LOUD. We could hear most things from the rooms around us but EVERY step from the room above. This is pretty common in cheaper hotels and even many expensive ones.

The TV is about 15". Its not real good.

Location is good, right off the highway, but without any noise.

Not sure what you will be doing in Reno, but its pretty much a dump. Its a little Vegas without all the good (well, decent) things Vegas has to offer. Spend some time and take a gorgeous drive over to Tahoe. You may not come back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I had a lot family coming in from out of town and decided to reserve a block of rooms for everyone. I reserved and paid for 10 rooms. Here are some of the likes and dislikes from my family about their stay.

LIKES-Good location
Inexpensive

DISLIKES-EVERYONE complained of the beds being too hard. My father-in-law actually went and slept in his car! Upon checking out, several members mentioned this to the front desk and were told that they could have requested a mattress pad. This item was NOT offered upon check in.

The refrigerator in one of the rooms reeked of fish. When the front desk was notified, their response was that there were 2 other rooms available but since they were more expensive my guests would have to pay the difference or they could "Keep the refrigerator door closed".

The first two couples that arrived were told that there were no rooms available despite the fact that I had 10 rooms reserved and PAID FOR on my credit card 4 months in advance. When the room availability was questioned the lady at the front desk told my parties that "This is an Extended Stay and we currently have some guests who want to extend their stay so you may have to wait until tomorrow to check in". After explaining that the rooms were already paid for, my family was eventually able to get their rooms that day, 5 hours after they first tried to check in!

When making reservations I asked that all of the rooms have no smaller that queen sized beds since all of the parties were couples. I was assured that this would be "No problem". Upon checking in 3 of the 10 rooms had 2 double beds. This was the least of the problems but if this request was "no problem" then all of the rooms should have come as requested.

The rooms, besides the smelly one, were clean but very outdated. The staff was very indifferent to any questions or concerns that my family had. No apologies for the smelly room, uncomfortable beds or the confusion on their part about room availability.

We will definately NOT stay at this Extended Stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows? Share your experiences!