“good food and cocktails” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 781 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fine Food and Spirits, Its a quaint little restaurant 11-15 tables excellent service & presentation of food was beautiful, unique sauces, one of their specialties was a 14 oz pork chop! we tried the Rib eye steak that was outstanding, came with mashed root veg.served with a blue cheese garlic butter that melted in your mouth, we also tried Blacken Talapia with a mango glazed served beautifully, I would suggest reservations because you don't want to miss out, yet we did not have one and we were served They have a nice Bar area and will also serve dinners in there. The Gas lamp is a true Gem!
Reno, Nevada
“good food and cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

went with a group of friends for dinner, ate at the bar. place was pretty packed, service was friendly and prompt. the menu had so many good choices was hard for us to decide! I had the tortellini with sausage and mushrooms, and it was delicious! other things had by friends - ribeye steak, tuna tartare, ciopinno, and sesame encrusted tilapia. the fare was definitely more sophisticated and varied than I expected from the outside looks of the restaurant. I told the bartender just to make something up with my favorite spirit (st germain) and her creation was awesome! I would go again for sure.

• Visited February 2014

Reno, Nevada
“Great food, drinks and atmosphere ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We came here before our movie on our date night. We had the best time!! The wine selection was superb and the food was delicious.

carson city, nevada
“Best Happy Hour in Reno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've come to decide that after my last visit here that this is the best happy hour in Reno. I used to go to SoDo for the bar bites menu, and different sports bars for cheap drink prices and food, but this Gas Lamp has the best tasting food and drink prices around. It only runs from 5pm to 6:30 everyday they are open. Happy Hour options are only available in the bar lounge. First off wines are HALF off and ALL the appetizers are HALF off. The house Merlot is a decent wine and the bartender does a decent pour, and for $2.50 a glass, that's completely worth it. Even the sparkling wine is half off. The appetizers here are my fave! We had the prawn cocktail which was more prawns then cocktail. Grilled prawns served with a dipping sauce. Prawns off the charts good! ($4.50). Next was Smoked Salmon Carpaccio ($4.50), served with toasted bread slices ($4.50), then Ahi Tuna Tartare ($4.50), really good served with fried won ton crisps.If that wasn't enough we had the steamed clams ($4.50) and garlic fries, get this, $2.50! You might think with the half off prices that the portions might be reduced a bit but no...full size portions. Wow, those clams! The butter and wine broth they are steamed in makes these the best clams I have EVER tasted. It's rare that I have that many different dishes and have all of them by 5 star good! Service is right there on the spot all the time! Hey, I even like the music they play! I need to come here more often. All that food and drink for $30 plus tax and tip, wow! If everything was full price, I may not order so much, but for half off, what the heck! This was just for 2 people. If you get just one thing here, get the clams!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Incline Village, NV
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm not as excited as some reviewers. Let me start with the good. The service was excellent; friendly and efficient. The pork chop is the best item on the menu and it is gigantic!. My husbands steak was over done. The prices were in line with other local spots.

We were there for a client dinner and it is not conducive for that. The seating is crowded. It was a slow night but not quiet. We asked to be moved to a corner table. Those wanting an extensive menu will be disappointed. There is a daily sheet with 3 or 4 entrees and several appetizers. The pork chop previously mentioned is always available.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Night out at the Gas Lamp.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to look for a different place to try and this place had good reviews. We came on a Sunday evening and were seated right away. The tables for two are very close together and we felt that the couples on either side of us were listening to our every word. We were definitely able to hear everything said by them...uncomfortable. We had the garlic fries as an appetizer and they were good....not too garlicky. Then soup (acorn squash) good and salad also very good. Then I had the hanger steak. It looked and tasted a lot like beef stew. Not what I was expecting but it tasted pretty good after some seasoning. My hubby had the pork chop and really liked it. The bar and restaurant were really quiet. We may try the bar next time since it looked like we would be able to have a little more privacy with our conversation there.

• Visited November 2013